Lutron Pico with Button Controller & Hue

1. I have created this Empty Room Called Remotes on my Caseta Pro Hub and added a 5 Button Pico to the room.
  2. I have added the Pico into Hubitat via the Caseta Integration and it shows up in the device list.
  3. I created a Button Controller button for button 1 to brighten a hueBridgeGroup +20 and button 5 to dim the same hueBridgeGroup -20.

If I goto the Pico device and control digitally in Hubitat it works. If I physically press the buttons, nothing...

What am I missing? Can someone provide step by step instructions on how to get this to work, if possible.

First make sure the pico isn't associated with anything else. You can do this in the lutron app. Sometimes when adding it gets associated.

If you bring the pico closer to the lutron pro hub, does it then work?
Open a live log. Press the button on the pico. Anything in the logs?

1 Like

Pico was not associated with anything else.
Brining closer made no difference.

But when looking at the Log, this time I noticed that while it was receiving info when I pressed the button, it did not recognize specifically that the physical buttons were being pressed...
only the Device ID info was coming thru.

[dev:929] Upstairs Guest Pico button 1 was pushed [physical]
[dev:41] rcvd: DEVICE,35,2,4
[dev:41] rcvd: DEVICE,35,2,3

So, I removed the Button & Button Controller and re-added them in Hubitat. It's working now.

I'm not sure why when I set it up the first time, that the physical push part of the information was not being logged... Glitch maybe because the first time I set it up I was using my iPad and not desktop???

Anyway, thanks for the tip, looking more closely at the Log helped.

2 Likes