Lutron Aurora Drivers

Unable to set Dimmer level, turn on, turn off the Lutron Aurora Dimmer. The only thing that seems to work is Push. Not sure if anything is wrong with this driver but, this is a built in driver and not User Created.

ive two of these, and even though im in a standard uk shoud (small US!) i found you need to have it on top of the hub.
Move its a pain but you need to move it close or swamp it with repeaters

The Lutron Aurora is controlling smart bulbs. Why would you control the dimmer when you can control the bulbs directly?

The only value you can get from the Aurora dimmer is battery life otherwise go direct to managing the bulbs.

Because if I control the bulbs directly. The lutron goes out of sync. So if a switch is off and an automation turns on the light and I want to turn it off, pushing the button will set the dimmer on and turn the lights on when they are already on bad you have to push again to turn it off.

The dimmer level is also not in sync so when you turn the dial it adjusts the dimmer based off that level and not the lights current level.

You must be running the Aurora directly from the HE hub and not the Hue Bridge right? This is one of those times when I don't agree with that approach.

I have the Aurora and i run it directly from the Hue Bridge as designed (novel concept). I have zero problems with it or it's position or it's on/off/level states because I don't have to care about it. All automations I do are targeted directly at the group of bulbs not the switch. If someone walks buy and adjusts the switch it does NOT matter it adjusts the dim levels based on what the bulbs are currently at not as some fictitious level the "switch" is set at because it doesn't have level.

Turn the bulbs off at the switch they turn off and my system knows the bulbs are off... turn on... same thing. Adjust level... everything is in sync because I manage the bulbs not the switch. The switch is there for easy human interaction and not much more. All I need to care about is the battery of the switch.

I use the mirror app with the Lutron aurora to control a zwave bulb.

1 Like

Interesting use case of disparate things in an uncommon usage... Using a app I think HE can do associations but I'm not positive. It would be more "traditional" to assign an association between a z-wave switch and the bulb to "sync" them. But to each their own... I suppose the mirror app is a work around.

I've just received 4 Lutron Aurora buttons and I have the same use case as you (or similar), only HE here, no Hue Bridge, zero smart bulbs and zero intention of having them.
I believe I can write a driver that behaves well in this scenario, it might take some weeks as I'm busy with other things now, but I'll post an update here when it is ready.

@phiyuku, the driver is available here: https://community.hubitat.com/t/lutron-aurora-dimmer-custom-driver/