Lowes Iris Zigbee Devices Available

As you may know, all my zigbee sensors are Xiaomi. While they're holding their own (for now), I'm ready with a drawer containing 15 Iris motion sensors and 20 Iris contact sensors ......

3 Likes

You guys are killing me.

So far I have been able to resist hitting add to cart.

I dunno how much longer I can hold out...

5 Likes

I keep watching the amount of items in stock slowly creep down. I’m not sure my self control is enough to stop me...

Received my order today; quick shipper! Will always have a need for the CR2 batteries, even if the contact sensors themselves sit around for a while.

1 Like

Just got mine today...and my wife noticed...she didn't comment...just shook her head. I think she has finally given up :rofl:

8 Likes

I am going to unload the remaining sensor I have left that I didn’t use on EBay

Yay! You win then! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn you. I bought contact sensors.

Don’t really need them but I’ll outfit all my windows in the house now.

1 Like

Gonna have to start outfitting the kitchen cabinets soon! :joy:

1 Like

I did.

I have lights that come on inside the cabinet when I open a cabinet door. I am not completely done yet, but once I finish making some drawers for one of my cabinets I plan to have all the lowers have lights in them.

1 Like

First rule of Wife Club:
You never REALLY win.

11 Likes

How true. And from personal experience, they manage to win even in a divorce ....

2 Likes

Anyone who is going to buy some of these, willing to purchase two batches on behalf of me, and post to Australia. USD 212 is rather expensive for shipping!

Edit: sorted, thanks.

Maybe you can work out something with @techbill:

Anyone with the iris plugs. Does the plug block the other outlet?

Mike

If you plug it into the top plug, yes it blocks the bottom, but if plugged into the bottom, the top is unaffected.

2 Likes

thanks

Self control was lost tonight, I went all in for another 10 of each.. luckily it’s just me, so no wife to upset.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! I figure I now have enough of these sensors to last me for quite a long time. They just work so well, it's hard to pass up one last chance to get some spares. And, we can always use the batteries!

If you have a SmartThings hub, you can pair the Contact and Motion sensors to it to upgrade their firmware, if necessary.

Good to know there is an option to be able to upgrade, but no Smartthings hub for me. Guess I’ll just have to accept whatever version they shipped with, unless some other trick is out there.

What kind of range do the motion sensors have? Haven’t actually turned any of mine on yet, to test them out (and here am I buying another 10..).