Lost Fan Control migrating from Wink

I'm guessing that would fix the problem that I'd often seen in Wink where a device is listed as being "on" when it is in fact "off" and vice-versa. So probably I should only use that if I'm seeing those sorts of discrepancies in Hubitat?

Yes.

Just wanted to let you know I got everything working ok. Thanks!

I think part of the problem is that I had not finished the rest of the Fan Rules properly. Now everything seems to be working most of the time... occasionally a device will not respond when I give a voice command but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

This was a very roundabout way of doing it with virtual dimmers. I noticed that there is a Virtual Fan Control also - could something similar be doing using Virtual Fan Controls, but set up in such a way that you could say, "Low," "medium," "High" to control the fan speeds instead of using percentages?

1 Like

So I've purchased two of those Z-wave extenders, but I still have intermittent problems with turning on/off and adjusting these fans through the virtual dimmers.

I noticed that there was an option to add a virtual fan... could I do the same thing using a virtual fan with programs that adjust the real fan?