Looking to do a complete hub reset (but keep cloud)

I have just migrated to a new C-7 hub and am looking to re-purpose my C-5 hub to bypass an issue with 2.2.4 where locking my doors seeks to crash my Ring Hub's HTTP server (It comes back quickly though...) I will keep firmware 2.2.3 on it and use HubConnect between my C-7 and my C-5 to issue the lock and unlock commands.

Before setting it up, I am thinking of doing a Full Reset, but don't like that it will lose it's cloud registration and linked users.

Is there a better approach?

Soft Reset without restore, and individual radio resets (from Z-Wave & Zigbee Details pages) is the best way to go. It will remove all but cloud registration.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

2 Likes

Thanks!

I did a reset on the Zigbee Radio, but the list of Zigbee Radio Devices is still populated... Is this expected? (Hub is on 2.2.3.148) - I need to keep this hub on 2.2.3 as the Ring Integration crashes my Ring Hub when I try to lock/unlock the doors with 2.2.4.X...

UPDATE: After doing the soft reset, the list of Zigbee Radio Devices is empty, so all good!

I had disabled my Z-Wave radio and when I reenabled it, it was already empty. I did a reset anyway, to be sure.