Looking for outdoor temperature sensor

That's the one I meant. Beast Buy has them at $40. Thanks.

1 Like

Their product information listed is useless.
No where does it give any details that lux, temp, humidity information is available.

Are you talking about the Hue sensor or the Tempest?

Hue does motion, lux and temp, but not humidity.

1 Like

Sorry. The Hue. I just spent 20 min fumbling thru their website, downloaded the manual and read everything on Amazon.
If Phillips can't put useful information out there, I can only imagin their customer support.

I must agree with your assessment of the lack of information provided on the Hue website.

Not the first conclusion I'd jump to in this particular case, but OK. Second only to Caseta, Hue stuff is the most reliable and butt-pain-free gear in my setup (both are leagues above everything else in those respects); I've never needed either's customer support for anything.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. The old saying goes, "You get 1 chance, to make a 1st impression ".
Most marketing firms know you have about 30 seconds before someone loses interest in a product someone showed interested in.

One reason they might not put that in manual is it's meant to be a closed system used with their own hub/app. IKEA is the same way and doesn't have a lot of specifics on their zigbee gear because it's all intended to be used in their integrated system. I trust people on here saying something works or has a certain support. If you want to discount a nice sensor because of that, that's your loss. I'm happy they made a product that works in a more general way and isn't handicapped with HE.

2 Likes