Looking for Ideas for Doorbell

I'm trying to figure out a way to make my doorbell smarter. I don't think I have room to place any of the video doorbells next to my door, so I was looking to maybe find a sensor I can either wire to my doorbell chime or place next to / inside the existing chime.

Has anyone had any luck with anything like that?

https://community.hubitat.com/t/doorbell-sensors-1/26904/45

See this topic also. I purchased the Sage device and it works quite well to let me know if someone rang the doorbell. It does not provide video, but I just found a solution for that, but that is for a separate topic.

I was looking at the sage sensors. How exactly does that hook up?

I've ordered a SmartThings multisensor to see if that will work just placing it inside the chime against the striker.

The Sage pairs very easily to Hubitat then there are 3 wires that match up to the 3 wires in your doorbell CHIMES in the house. It doesn't connect to your outside doorbell but rather the inside chimes. When you take off the cover of the chimes you'll see 3 screws with wires, just follow the color code of the wires. All three wires needed to be used. I used 3M command strips to hold it in place above by chimes. It works great and I get a notification from Pushover anytime the doorbell is rung. Not bad for about $5 USD on Ebay

1 Like

I used the Sage Doorbell Sensor as well. Love it. I bought a couple on Ebay, and have one boxed as a spare. 5 minutes to hook up, and it fits nicely behind my Doorbell Chime cover.

S.

Ordered a sage, that should work perfectly for what I'm looking for.

Hello all, I am also looking for doorbell ideas, and have also come across the Sage Doorbell sensor, but am in fact looking for something that will go between my doorbell button and the chimes. The reason for this is that I'd like to have quiet hours in the home, so when the doorbell rings at night, and my young one is sleeping, we can cut the actual chimes in favour of flashing lights in certain rooms. Our son goes to bed around 7pm right now, so when we have takeout or something like that, the door bell rings, freaks out the dog, and wakes him up.