As Mike Maxwell mentioned here Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor 2018 Model HE doesn't have immediate plans to include sensors in Google Home.
In ST I was using a sensor to ask the G-assistant if the garage door was open. The way I approach after seeing Mike's comment was:
- Create a Virtual Switch
- Create an IFTTT applet that turns the Switch on when a G-assistant phrase is said
- Create a Triggered rule triggered by the Virtual Switch going to the On status.
- Test the garage door sensor
- Send one Pushover notification if it is open
- Send a different Pushover notification if it is closed
- Turn the Virtual Switch back Off so it is ready for the next time the phrase is said to G-assistant.
Thoughts? Any better way to do this?
I use Pushover but I could have used SMS
What I would like to figure out is how to broadcast to a voice to my phone to tell me if it is garage door is open or close. Not sure if that can be done.