Looking For A Zigbee (or Z-Wave) Version Of This USB Smart Plug

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087LTP9KN

I have never seen one that is zigbee or zwave...I have a couple of these . If you flash them with Tasmota they could then be integrated into Hubitat.

1 Like
1 Like

Can that be flashed with Tasmota? If so, it'll give you local control using Hubitat with @garyjmilne's integration for devices flashed with Tasmota 11 and later.

1 Like

Looks like they are out of stock @rcjordan , but still worth looking for elsewhere....

stock

Yeah, oddly these zigbee usb switches & controllers don't seem to have enough demand to keep them in production ...though the one @aaiyar found may have other issues right now since it is from Ukraine. The Sylvania Lightify controller I found does show up on ebay sometimes, but very rarely and usually high-$$.

1 Like

Shame... I would expect plenty of people have purchased power boards that include USB outlets or purchased USB chargers, both that could benefit from on-line smarts (or is it just me). My control of charging my mobile devices requires a slimmer Kasa EM plug (KP115) with a USB adaptor plugged in, but something like these ZigBee options would free up an AC outlet.

2 Likes

I tried seeing if I could flash mine (I have the exact same ones as @velvetfoot) and it does not look possible to put Tasmota on them at this time.

Hopefully there will be a method for these with Hubitat eventually. One of my daughters loves small lights and light decorations and they are all USB powered nowadays. But having an AC plug, switching the USB wall plug, just to turn them all on/off is a pain, especially when some are in close proximity and thus sharing a multi-port USB power supply. Right now getting by with a combo of these, USB cables with switches on them, and the built-in switches... but it makes bedtime/morning more steps than I wish (these have definitely helped a bit though, even with the native app and scheduling).

2 Likes

I've sent this thread to TubesZB, maybe he'll build some.

https://tubeszb.com/

2 Likes

I have some Delock WLAN Easy USB Switches. They come with a "low" version of Tasmota, but can be upgraded to versions > =11. I acually run mine with 12.2.0

2 Likes

Those Delocks appear very similar and having Tasmota means they could work... but I checked around and could only find them on that site and I am not even sure they ship to the United States unfortunately.

@rcjordan: If TubesZB looks into this... maybe an option for something that does multiple USB ports individually controlled. I have found a bunch of powered USB hubs that allow turning on/off the individual ports with switches and something like that but controllable would be even better at times, or a version that has 2 USB ports but both are controlled at the same time (not individually) would be useful as well.

2 Likes