Longtime HA User happy to find Hubitat but need help with Timers

Howdy fellow HA Enthusiasts!

I have been using Home Automation devices for years (Remember using X-10 Powerline Automation? That was awesome). I don't have a problem, I can quit whenever I want.

I recently picked up a Hubitat to try to implement a better arrival sensor that what I can get with my current system. Since Hubitat has zigbee, and there's the smart things arrival sensor, I figured I'd try it out.

Anyhoo, after spending a few hours kicking the tires of some other features of hubitat, I am now intrigued enough to consider migrating my system over completely.

However, I have a question regarding timers. With my current system, I have a couple of devices I monitor cumulative run time (furnace and sump pump). When the device kicks on, I start a timer. When it turns off, I stop the timer. At the end of the day I email the accumulated values and reset the timer.

I cannot find a similar way to achieve this within Hubitat. I looked through the Rules Machine, I looked through SharpTools, and I just don't see it.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Yeah, you will need an app for that.
Here is one you can start with.

Yikes!

Thanks for the link. Maybe some day I will see what I can do with it.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

You might also check out HubiGraphs Timeline graph

No need for a special app for this. You can store "now" as a time into a global variable using Rule Machine. Then later you can again store the current time into another global variable. Then you can use variable maths, again in RM, to subtract the one from the other and derive the duration between them. I'm doing something similar to get the time between sunrise/sunset and "now" in order to calculate a circadian lighting temperature and level. So it's definitely possible and not too scary once you get started and try it.