Logging rule machine 5.0 (c-7 v.2.2.8.152)

Hi guys,

The log shows multiple entries of a rule when the predicative conditions of the rule are met (see attached image for clarification). Is this normal? How can i remove the clutter?

Had the same issue. My workaround: Remove the Predicate, then add the following simple conditional at beginning of actions. I believe the rule is triggering a scheduled job once per minute to get the current time. Doing this also reduced the rule's time ms in the app log.

If Time not between 20:30 and 07:00
Exit Rule

1 Like

There was an issue with predicate and time between that meant a rule would end up with lots of scheduled tasks being generated for the same time. On one of my rules I ended up with over 20.
If you have a look at scheduled tasks for the rule this should show them up. Opening and clicking done clears the jobs but they will re-appear eventually.

This bug was fixed in either 2.2.9 or 2.3.0. Cannot remember which.
I would update to the latest build and hopefully you should be OK.

1 Like

Thanks for reply Carl. It is obvious that logging is not off otherwise nothing would be logged...do i miss something?

There is nothing that can explain the 7 consecutive entries in the log, i cannot find any logic behind it. Do you?

You may have missed my post above as we posted around the same time.

1 Like

Did not know this was fixed. This happened to me a while back and have not bothered changing it

Here is the thread I raised.
I'm assuming this is the same issue.

2 Likes

Actually, it was fixed twice. Once in 2.2.9 for RM 5.1, and then, when it was noticed still be broken for RM 5.0, was fixed in 2.3.0 for RM 5.0. By that time, I had rewritten all rules in RM 5.1, so I was no longer able to test whether, in fact, it had been fixed for RM 5.0 in 2.3.0.