Locks...zigbee or zwave

I have a Sclage FE599 lever lock for my garage entry door. Initially I could not get it to pair. I removed the lock from the door and placed it right next to the hub and was able to get it to pair. I was also able to add door codes while next to the hub. Funny thing was the web interface showed it added codes as ???? but the code I added actually worked on the lock. When I returned the lock to the door, it functions but it doesn't trigger any lock code notifications, I suspect because the codes don't show up properly on the hub. I removed the codes and re entered them several times and always the same result. I also placed an Aetoc z-wave repeater within 10 ft of the door and did a z-wave repair thinking it didn't have a strong enough signal. No dice. I coming to the conclusion that I need to replace the lock. I need a lever lock for this door as it's a one hole door. Any suggestions on brands and should I be looking at z-wave,z-wave plus or zigbee?

Maybe a couple of things wrong. If you join next to the hub instead of in place, then the lock "neighbor table" needs to be updated. If it's Z-Wave Plus, it will do this on its own via "Explorer Frames" (maybe), but that can take days if you have a lot of Z-Wave devices. You can expedite that by clicking on Z-Wave Repair in the Z-Wave Details, then give it several hours.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

Also, I'm not clear if you're entering the lock codes at the lock or in LCM. With Schlage, you have to delete all the codes in the lock and enter them all from LCM, that way it can read them. The codes cannot be read from the lock.

If you have encryption turned on in the Lock Driver, that's all you're going to see, but if you subscribe to that event in a RM rule or the new notification app, you should see the actual code.

Great points. I deleted all codes on the lock and entered them from LCM. This lock is z-wave, not z-wave plus. I have done z-wave repair as well.

I you have not yet, read this thread:

I used the technique described by srwhite in message 32 of that thread (using the driver code he supplied) and it dramatically improved the reporting from that lock.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it when I get back home this weekend!

It really seems to have improved the situation with my Schlage lock. It's still not perfect but I think he's on to something.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.