Locks thumbwheel & keypad

The hubs logs clearly indicate that the hub knows if the lock was locked or unlocked from the inside or outside (Thumbwheel & keypad). Yet this choice doesn't appear in the triggers. Is this information available elsewhere to be used in rules.

Select "Lock" or "Lock Code" as the trigger in Rule Machine. Then do whatever you want after that for the action. This could included logging, or saving to a hub variable, etc.

SHP, thank you for your input, you raised an interesting alternative, you may have also pointed me in the direction of a possible solution to obtain lock code logs. I also have a rental property currently running the Wink app that I intend to convert to Hubitat. Wink does not show the distinction between thumbwheel and code locking and unlocking, so I’m visualizing the possibilities, but I’m not a programmer.

Based on the information you provided me, I got this far:

Now I see a choice of providing multiple modes, does this mean that toggling to not away it will select the correct mode based on pre existing criteria?

Look at this super helpful post from @aaiyar :

I use it to differentiate between locking methods, but you could also easily use it for unlocking. (And as you've posted, you can use lock code, if you only are concerned with when someone used a code.)

Note that you may have to adjust his rule to match what your lock driver sends as events.

1 Like

All this will do is trigger your rule, which currently doesn't do anything because you have not added an action.

If your lock is unlocked by the thumb turn, it will trigger the rule.
If any code is entered, it will trigger the rule.
If the hub Mode becomes Day, Evening, or Night, it will trigger the rule.

Nothing will happen until you add an action for these triggers. Modes don't change on their own. You need to have something change them. So if you have a separate rule to set your modes, then when they change to one of the three you have specified as a trigger in this other rule you're starting to create, it will trigger this rule "M3 - Mode on keypad lock" to do an action once you add one.

BTW, I'm not actively "watching" this thread, I just happened to click on it. If you want a reply from someone specifically, be sure to either click on the reply icon at the bottom of their reply or post, or @ mention them so they will be notified of your reply to them.