Lock Refresh

Nope. It's just a trigger. But, I don't think it's going to accomplish what the OP needs.

@Randy: Did you install the Z-Wave Poller app?

It does not allow me to poll the locks. They are not in the drop down list. Only my kitchen light appears in Z-Wave Poller app

Hmmmm, that's weird. At this point, I'd reach out to support and see what they say. Sorry I couldn't be more help. It looks like the rule is correct, but maybe there is a bug in Dashboards? I'm not sure.

2 Likes

I'm gonna submit a ticket to support

1 Like

Thanks very much for the help. Even though it's not working I know I was/am on the right path. I am completely green and am feeling my way through all of this.

1 Like

Whatever you do donā€™t get those sensitive sensors. I bought 6 of them a year ago because I liked the idea of the 10 year battery life. 5 of the 6 stopped working completely and the 6th one constantly drops in and out. I just went with the new SmartThings door sensors and they have worked well the last 4 months.

2 Likes

So are your locks not locking/unlocking on the first command to them? I have this issue and have a rule that checks if they are locked only if Iā€™m going away or sleep (ie only works if I have a trigger event and I want to do all locks, thus unlocking doesnā€™t work).

My problem is a zwave/Schlage issue which Iā€™m still working with support on. Iā€™m the meantime, I have determined the only way to remedy without really fixing it in Hubitat and have individual lock verification is a combo virtual lock driver for each lock and an app to keep states in sync and retry the locks if action wasnā€™t taken. This is required because when Iā€™m sending a lock/unlock event, it doesnā€™t go through, so thereā€™s no trigger or any action to key off of, thus the use of a virtual driver to always take the action and act until success on the real driver.

Itā€™s pretty bad that I have had to come to this, but Iā€™m giving support some more time to help me work though my setup (everything was ok on ST). If you think this would be helpful, Iā€™ll share it. Itā€™s not great and I worry about race conditions, but my testing appears ok (not actually using it though) and Iā€™m sure sharing would help work out the bugs.

lol must be a common problem because I ended up in the same spot because my Kwikset locks weren't sending back status updates. Wrote a virtual lock driver (I call it Reliable Lock) that "wraps" around the real lock driver. When it receives a command to lock or unlock the door, it forwards it to the real lock, waits a few seconds, then does a refresh. Then I expose the "Reliable Lock" to Alexa and HomeBridge.

I haven't documented it as well as my other apps/drivers yet, but if anyone wants it, the code is here:

2 Likes

Very cool. Does it also get updates on the status of the real lock? That was a challenge.

I just hit eBay and bought some Iris gen2 contact sensors from people. They seem as bulletproof as the Gen1 are. But don't buy them all. I need some more for my other two properties :wink:

Yes it does. The trick was that in addition to the virtual lock driver, it also requires an app, because only an app can subscribe to the real lock's events.

1 Like

I don't have time to write up full instructions right now, but basically:

• Install the driver
  • Install the two apps (master and child apps)
  • Create an app instance and bind it to a real lock. The app will create the virtual device for you.
1 Like

I am totally interested in this but do not understand anything you are saying here. First of all, will this work with my locks not just Kwikset locks?

Itā€™s a virtual driver that calls the native locks driver, so it should work for any lock. You then use the virtual device to lock/unlock vs your original device name.

1 Like

I'm with you! I don't "get" it yet but it sounds good. In the mean time I made a rule such as shown above to "refresh" my lock every two hours. I'll see if that helps keep the dashboard tile functional and reporting proper state. Will report in tomorrow...

1 Like

Almost a day later... the tile is still "fresh" and the lock is still reporting correct state. So far, so good. On the other hand, i wrote a similar rule to try to get my thermostat to behave, and it hasn't helped at all. But so far, so good with the lock!

1 Like

Ok, I have published latest code, installation instructions, and started a thread. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Double-check how you pasted it in. Line 47 of the driver only has a closing curly brace, so my guess is that you might be pasting in more of the contents of the github page, and not just the code?

I missed your updated post with instructions that even I can comprehend. I just installed Reliable Locks and it works a charm! Thank you for creating this and taking the time to spell out the installation process. It not only solved my issue but by doing this I have a better understanding of several aspects of HE and codes/drivers moving forward. You have made my day!

1 Like

Excellent! :slight_smile: