Lock Door after X time

I created a rule to lock the door after X time once it has been unlocked.. Upon testing everything works (I get my notification), but the door won't lock.

But...when I manually Run the Action it works as expected. What am I missing? Is it the delay?

dev:92020-09-28 07:42:08.275 pm infoFront Door was locked [digital]

dev:92020-09-28 07:42:08.271 pm debugDoorLockOperationReport: DoorLockOperationReport(doorCondition:0, doorLockMode:255, insideDoorHandlesMode:0, lockTimeoutMinutes:254, lockTimeoutSeconds:254, outsideDoorHandlesMode:0)

dev:92020-09-28 07:42:08.266 pm debugparse: zw device: 08, command: 6203, payload: FF 00 00 FE FE , isMulticast: false

dev:92020-09-28 07:40:56.679 pm debugskip cmd: ApplicationBusy(status:0, waitTime:0)

dev:92020-09-28 07:40:56.675 pm debugparse: zw device: 08, command: 2201, payload: 00 00 , isMulticast: false

app:832020-09-28 07:40:55.150 pm infoAction: Notify Chris’ iPhone: '%device% has been unlocked at %time%, and will be automatically locked in 5 minutes.'

app:832020-09-28 07:40:55.125 pm infoAction: Lock: Front Door

app:832020-09-28 07:40:55.107 pm infoLock front door Triggered

app:832020-09-28 07:40:55.098 pm infoLock front door: Front Door lock unlocked

dev:92020-09-28 07:40:54.973 pm infoFront Door was unlocked by thumb turn [physical]

Post a screenshot of the rule.

Screenshot please

I added a delay and it did eventually trigger. But when I didn't have a delay it took a few minutes for it to trigger.

It's close to my rule and I haven't been having any issues with it. What brand of lock are you using?

Schlage. It did need up running, just wasn’t expecting the debug issues or a 2 minute delay when I had it set for immediate trigger.

I eventually will have contact sensor to lock with door closed so perhaps I just deal with it for now.

See if your lock has an auto lock time setting after open ( independent of HE). I have Kwikset locks and i can program a few different options for an automated lock after open ( 30 sec, 90 sec...etc)
I know these can be used in conjunction with HE as i use the auto lock command from the lock itself then i have a rule which locks all 3 of my locks every night at 9 pm.
The nightly command is kind of redundant on the lock where i have the auto lock feature enabled BUT 2 of my other locks do not have the auto lock enabled ( back yard - garage) so i hit them all at the same time.

Cheers

1 Like

I have a Schlage locks also. Been working very reliable but I have a Z-Wave switch near the doors for reliability since Z-Wave locks use beaming:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Beaming

This a zwave or zwave plus lock?

Z-Wave Plus for my Schlage locks.

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/smart-locks/connect-zwave.html

If @chrismboeke could post the model number we could do some more validation.

I suspect he is using a regular zwave and it's not sending a status hence the much longer delay. In which case adding a poll of the device could speed things up. You can verify by checking in settings zwave details and look at the clusters column. The first entry should be 0x5E for zwave plus and 0x22 I think for non-plus.

Z-Wave Plus

Z-Wave (non plus)

Mine is indeed just Z-Wave and not Z-Wave Plus.

1 Like

Something like this should work but I don't have a regular zwave lock to test with.

Make sure I understand. Based off the trigger, you're polling the door lock to refresh the status. Then execute any additional actions after. It's just forcing to get the current device status more quickly, correct?

Yep, I just kept it simple so you could add to it however you see fit.

So this didn’t help. Out the refresh in before all other actions. Put my lock delay at 5 secs and nothing. I see the log shows delay over but nothing happens.

This likely has nothing to do with anything BUT might be worth considering if your lock status is unreliable.
I've been using a user app called "reliable Locks" It seems to do a better job of reporting the actual status.
I've switched any commands that reference my lock to use Reliable Locks
Cheers
Mac

Try this app...I have an old Zwave Schlage lock and it works 100% of the time with this app. I'm interested to see if it does any better talking to your lock.

EDIT/UPDATE: The app requires a contact sensor to work. You can either create a virtual contact sensor and set it to "Closed," or select a contact sensor in the app that you know is closed to use this app to test you door's response to it. Takes 2 seconds to create a virtual contact sensor, I'd go that way.

The app is availble in Hubitat Package Manager as Auto Lock Door by Chris Sader.

Creating a virtual contact sensor:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.