Lock code manager

I have 2 schlage connect locks both zwave. One is an older model and one is a replacement from schlage that is connect 2.

The new lock paired, however, it does not accept any lock codes from lock code manager. I just get a job failed. I tried with the lock extended, not extended. Nothing seems to work. I can lock/unlock directly from the app.

I'm wondering is there a known fix or a way to get logs and report a bug?

Did you reset the lock before you paired? In other words are there existing codes still on the lock?

I did, it wouldn't pair without a factory reset first.

Was there a failed pairing? How close was the lock to the hub when you paired it?

I put the lock next to it. The first pairing failed because i couldnt find the Dsk code in time. Then a factory reset again and it was paired fine.

I can operate it via the app, just can't add codes

check your z-wave table for ghosts

Seems i had a ghost :ghost:

I removed it but still no change

I did find a log for it

Java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property '2' on null object on line 367 (method setCode)

I would remove then re-pair the lock.. If it fails to pair, clear the ghost, exclude before pairing regardless. (And pair withing 3' of the hub) I would also factory reset before excluding for shits and giggles. Then make sure the driver is correct and hit configure after saving

1 Like

I've done all that numerous times now, unfortunately i have a new issue,

i cannot add lock codes to this lock using lock code manager.

Wondering if there are any additional ideas.

I will add i can always add codes through the device settings page.

Do you have "Enable lockCode encryption" toggled on?

1 Like

No, i have that off.

Should I turn it on?

Mine works with that enabled, worth a shot.

are you able to add a code using the driver details page directly?

Go to the HE device definition click configure, wait a little bit, then click get codes. That will tell you if any codes exist in the lock. Then set a code manually using the device definition. That will let you know if the lock is accepting codes. If a code already exists in the lock you can use the device definition to delete it. I have 3 of these and if you have the z-wave version you will need a repeater close by for them to work reliably. Also leave some time between commands on the lock. If you throw too much at it quickly it will miss commands...

Hope this helps

1 Like

I am able to add them manually using device manager.

There's no existing codes as it was brand new.

The connect V1 locks i have work fine. Just the V2 doesn't seem to work with lock code manager.

Weird.

if you can set the code via the device details page, then managing codes via LCM should work.

When you say the V2 locks don't work, are you able to manage codes for the V2 locks via the driver UI? or not...

Found a fix, although it looks like this thread is dead.

For anyone still having issues as reported here, especially if you have the newer S2 model, you must “request all lock codes” in LCM, then delete the codes first.

Can't take full credit for this as it's pretty clearly stated in the official documentation. LCM documentation

The lock comes with 2 user codes pre-programmed. As outlined in the documentation for LCM, these codes, or any other codes stored in the lock or imported from the driver must first be removed completely.

I also went back to the lock driver and configured and refreshed.

After you do this you’ll be able to add new users and codes.

Blockquote

Make sure to click or tap in the white space in LCM after adding user name and code. If you just hit done, then you’ll abort the process.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is true for certain Zigbee locks as well... doing this simple step on a new lock install in general certainly wouldn't hurt I guess.

Thanks again for the followup!!

2 Likes