Lock code manager

Lock code manager only seems to support 4 codes, we have several more and schlage supports several more. Additionally I'd like the ability to set codes to work on a recurring schedule ie. Cleaning girls code works on Mondays only between 8am and 4pm or dog walkers code works only on weekdays between 9 and 5

2 Likes

This would be great!

Lock code manager does not control your locks. LCM makes it easier to program multiple locks at the same time. However, once programmed, the lock codes are stored on your actual lock, not on Hubitat. So, the only way that this would work is if LCM modified the lock codes on your lock every Monday at 8am and then again at 4. For the dog walker, it would have to modify the codes every day at 9 and 5. This is required to make the lock work. The lock doesn't query the hub when you enter the code. That would be extremely ineffective.

If you were to modify the lock codes that often, you greatly increase the risk of the code not being programmed correctly. Also, you would severely reduce the battery life of your lock by programming the codes so often.

I would suggest looking for a lock that supports these features natively, as it is the lock that is the limiting factor here, not hubitat.

1 Like

The ability to schedule lock codes is not an unreasonable request, and other automation platforms (either with built in apps/features or 3rd party) allow for it. The Rboy SmartApp collection, for SmartThings, allows for some fairly extensive scheduling of lock codes. I believe one of the SmartApps allows AirBNB (or similar) owners to create/enable/disable lock codes based on their booking calendar.

Most of the feature requests I've seen for LCM, simply ask for similar functionality.

2 Likes

I agree. It is not unreasonable at all. I used a Vera Controller for years with these features on my Z-Wave locks and no issues. The lock code manager in Hubitat for me is the weakest part of the whole system. I am hopeful some features that other controllers have can be added to HE someday to make it much more flexible.

2 Likes