Lock Code Manager - Power outage

I have Schlage469 lock and I use LCM to set the codes. It has been operating with no issues since I moved from Wink to HE about a year ago. For the last 24 hours, my house has been without power and internet. I just tried to lock (Schlage button) and unlock (user-code) the lock using the keypad and I just get a red X on the keypad. Does the LCM store the lock codes on HE, making them inaccessible if the power is out? I assumed the codes would still be saved on the lock and that the keypad should work. The Schlage website indicates that it will work without power or a zwave connection.

It should. Something else is wrong .....

The codes are stored on both the lock and on the Hubitat.

Thank you. If the lock can't connect to the hub, would that cause a drain on the battery from constantly checking for a zwave connection? As of the last time I checked, I had about 70% battery left. I'm not home now, so I can't check anything on the lock.

No, I don't think that should affect battery life. I used to have two of these Schlage locks (originally on Wink also). And in my experience, the battery percent indicator was pretty close to useless.

2 Likes