Linking a FireTablet to an Echo?

Is this possible? Such that any visuals are shown on the fire tablet but speech comes from an echo?

I don't understand. Are you trying to create a makeshift echo show? What would Hubitat have to do with that? The only visuals from Hubitat are dashboards.

Stuck it in the lounge section as it’s not directly hubitat related but figured lots of people using fire tablets for accessing dashboards.

The latest fire tablets have hands free Alexa and if you ask it the weather for example then it shows the weather as a visual which is nice. However, if you have an echo in the same room it’s hit and miss which device picks up the wake word. I was wandering if there’s a way to have the echo always respond but display the visuals on the tablet (mounted on the wall for dashboard control)...

Cheers

D

you can create a custom alexa routine in the alexa app when you say "alexa whats the weather" have it report the weather on a specific echo device.

I have asked a question that required a screen and Alexa has responded with something like I can't but you can pair me with another device with a screen.

1 Like

@zarthan I’ve heard it say that too - but I cant figure out any way to pair a tablet
@NoWon - Just tried this, it only displays actual echo devices and not fire tablets ..

Perhaps not possible but it would be really handy for wall mounted tablets..

:face_with_monocle:

Just in case this might be of some help.

1 Like

Nope, CATT is only for Chromecast devices. (Google/Nest)

1 Like

You can change the key word for one of the devices to something other than Alexa. (Computer, Amazon, Echo). I went another way:

I retired to a small (1500 sqft home). I replaced my Echos with a FireTv Cube and a Fire 10 tablet, using different names. The cube handles the kitchen,dining, and mian living area. The tablet is for bedside reading, etc.

Since you can pair more than one remote to the Fire TV, you can place a remote in a different convenient location, like the bedroom (I don't know if there is a limit for number of remotes). Pushing the Alexa voice button on the remote works even with the TV off. She obviously can't respond but as long as the task completes.
Lots of people don't like open microphones in the bedroom. Having a microphone that requires a push to talk solves that problem. The voice remotes are often on Amazon specials, but make sure you get the right one to pair up to your specific device.