Linkind 5-Key Smart Tap Switch Support

Does anyone has any luck making Linkind 5-button remote working with HE?
I'm able to pair it, but cannot seem to find the right device/driver for it.
Anyone has any luck with it?

I do not have any Linkind devices. From what I have read on the forums, they can be difficult.

In the manufacturer’s promotional literature it says “ NOTE: DO NOT Work with hub and Zigbee lights of other brands.”

I expect your only hope is to try using a generic Zigbee button driver, if there is one ( I am not at home, so I can’t verify that.).

Unfortunately, can't find any generic ZGB button driver, but I tried a few other that could match, but no luck so far.
Here's the detail of the device:

• endpointId: 01
  • model: ZBT-RGBWSwitch-D0801
  • application: 2B
  • firmwareMT: 1168-0317-221B0006
  • softwareBuild: 221B0006
  • manufacturer: lk

I’ve been searching the community threads, and everything I have found says using Linkind devices with HE are quirky at best. In fact, button remotes rarely work with HE (probably any non-Linkind hub). I saw where someone had purchased a 5-button remote and returned it because even the HE development team couldn’t get it to work. I wish I had better news.

I did see where someone appeared to get one connected to a Linkind hub and connected that to HE via MQTT. It’s more complexity, but it is a possibility.

thanks for the research. I've seen those threads as well. but I'm trying to avoid having another hub.
Having a few IKEA's Remote/Buttons via ST. Unfortunately, recently it has battery draining issue.

Now I'm looking for buttons that work natively with HE. Wonder if better to find ZGB or Zwave buttons.

I appreciate the desire to run everything through one hub. I recently posted to a thread on the subject of needing to use more than one hub. At some point we all get to the level of sophistication that we have to run multiple hubs. It sounds like to are near that point.

I can’t speak well to the availability and efficacy of Zigbee buttons controllers. I have very few Zigbee devices. I have chosen to primarily use Zwave devices. It’s just a choice.

I do use a couple of Hue buttons via a Hue Bridge. They work well and the Hue integration to HE is very good.

Recently I have added a couple of Zooz ZEN34 Z-wave buttons. They work well too.

Buttons are very helpful additions to a smart home system, but their implementations are as varied as the stars. If there is one you think looks promising, search the forms for it. It looks a very likely someone has already tried it. This will save you a lot of pain. Some “button” controllers are actually secondary controllers, a whole different animal.

thanks for sharing your opinion on the matters. I'm curious about your post on multiple hubs, mind sharing the link?
I guess I don't mind having more than 1 hub, as long as it adds value to my eco-system and not to give me more headache :slight_smile:

I've seen Zen34, been debating if I should grab a few.
I'm also debating if I should get Aeotec NanoMote Quad ZWA003 or Hank HKZW-SCN04 is good enough (which is about half the price). Both seems to be supported by HE

Here is a link to the thread where the person who started the thread was disillusioned at HE not having some built in integrations that other hubs had. The short response that a number of us gave is no hub handles everything well. We all advance to a point where our requirements lead us to needing several hub for various reasons.

To get the most out of HE and your home automation plans, get active in the community. Search the community threads for answers to your questions. Start a thread if you can’t find the answer. Share your challenges and successes.

“You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Morpheus

I like the ZEN34. I have a couple of WallMote Quads. I prefer the 34s because they match the form factor of the other wall switches, so I can add them with an extended wall plate. The quads work well. They are just an odd shape, but nice shape. Both are supported by HE. Zooz has its own community drive that exposes more of the settings and functionality than the built-in driver.

I don’t have any experience with the Hank switch.