Linear Linc/Lightbulb Z-Wave Plus, Model LB60Z-1

Hubitat states that this bulb is "confirmed to have worked but doesn't mean that it is guaranteed to work".
My situation: I correctly excluded the bulb from a previous network (Nexia) and performed a similar exclusion from Hubitat and a new inclusion into the C7 controller (basement location) . The bulb was about 4 feet from the C7 controller and worked fine with a simple rule, Alexa and Homekit.
I then moved the bulbed to my shed which is upstairs and outside about 40 feet away, Other Hubitat Z-Wave compatible devices (6 total) were already in use in the shed and about 10 others inside the house on the C7 network.
I screwed the bulb and it immediately failed. Repair attempts did not revive the bulb.

Question: Should I do a new exclusion/inclusion after the Simple Rule and Amazon and Homekit are removed?
I have 10 of these bulbs and would like to save $$.

The routes the device has in it's memory are out-of-date by the move. You need to give the device time to detect it's got no path to the hub and to announce itself to neighbors. When the hub can't communicate, it asks the mesh "Who is a neighbor to this?" and with that info from the replies, will reconstruct a route... but it takes time, depending on the strength of the mesh in the new location. THEN a repair would have a chance of making progress.

2 Likes

Thank you Steele. I will follow your advice. I am a newbie with Hubitat and my learning curve hasn’t yet reached its zenith.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.