Light keeps getting turning off, no obvious suspect, how identify culprit

Your rule has a valid on time between those two times but its going to turn it off after the motion time of 3 minutes times out all the time.

1 Like

Sorry, put what where? Don't understand "...stick the don't turn off between in there."

In the options for additional sensors lights off and off options

Stick it where the sun DOES shine!

2 Likes

and after you get it working turn off logging because it will still pop up in the logs that its not during a valid time period and it's skipping. Just annoying but hey less logging the better.

1 Like

Like this?

put in there between sunrise and 11pm or however you want it really im not you. Consider this the window where you dont want it turning off your stuff.

Damn...I looked at the automation a dozen times and never realized that. This seems to work a little differently than on ST...pretty sure the similar automation I had in Smart Lighting app didn't have this issue, and didn't have a "Don't turn off" setting. Changing platforms is full of surprises. But I can see the additional control here can also be useful.

1 Like

Yea it got me at first too but once I figured it out it was easy peasy.

1 Like

Motion Lighting and Simple Lighting are my go to apps for most of my stuff. If you run into any issues you can always hit me up.

2 Likes

I never used ST, but from what I have seen these seemingly similar hubs are very different. Hubitat often gives you options or control over things that you couldn't even dream of in ST.

1 Like

Well the options were there but you had to program them yourself in groovy. Or bribe a developer.

:+1:

People jump to Rule Machine first thing, but these two apps can often do much of what is needed.

1 Like

That is true from what I've seen so far, the span of control does seem to be larger overall in HE. Finding my feet has been (and will continue to be) a Wild Wild West adventure. Where's Artie when I need him...

1 Like

Yes, I've noticed that the apps are overall very flexible, and you can often find an app to do what you want if they don't ... the Auto-Off app for example, which was pointed out to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.