Light effect for zigbee light sources please?

Hi

Does anyone know Light effect for zigbee light sources please? Like colour loops ?

Hi, are you looking for this app from @bptworld?

I understand that its features have been merged in another called Event Engine.

it doesnt work for me . too complicated

What are you trying to do specifically? It might be something that could be setup in Rule Machine, though it will require a bit of work to setup.

im trying to make colour loop for zigbee strips

This is a RM rule I use to loop random colors on my outside garden Lights.

5 Likes

Do you mean things like the "color loop" effect on Hue bulbs? If so, that is a feature of the firmware. Other bulbs (or controllers) may have their own, but this will depend on the firmware. If not: you may need to simulate your desired outcome using a rule or custom app, as suggested above.

3 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Here's a Rule I use to change an RGBW strip to a random color. "Interval" and "Level" are both local "Number" variables; "strips trigger" is a virtual switch.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 13-47-47 ā–  Arcade ceiling RGBW strip trigger CHANGED (Repeating)

What do you mean?

• Pick an effect, pick the effect (fast color change, slow color change, loop, etc).
  • Select a RGB light.
  • Choose what colors and how bright.
  • Done.

Ok but where is that in event engine?

I thought you were using Lighting Effects app?

Id like to but i cant find it

1 Like

What do you mean? Sebastien linked it above. If you click on that link he provided, it says this:

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

It is in Bryan's Github from the Lighting Effects page, I just followed the link on the Lighting Effects thread. Didn't check HPM, but it should be in there too. That is how I originally installed it anyway.

1 Like

thats the event engine.
ok i go to sleep

Here is the link to the actual app (parent and child both required) in his GitHub repository.

https://github.com/bptworld/Hubitat/tree/master/Apps/Lighting%20Effects

2 Likes

No. The first link, the one labeled "Lighting Effects". Did you follow that one?

Thanks for linking that. I should have done so, but I figured that Sebastien's link would have been sufficient. Guess not.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.