Lifx support out of the box

Got this setup and working nicely from the HE dashboard and some RM rules, I can't however seem to set the brightness via Alexa using the Amazon Echo Skill (On and Off work fine) I get the response "The skill linked with Bedroom is not enabled" - am I doing something wrong or is only on / off supported at present ?

Thanks

That should work, how are you setting the brightness? e.g. "Alexa dim bedroom" or "Alexa set bedroom to 50".

I tried Alexa
Bedroom 50
Set bedroom 50
Set bedroom level 50 percent
All the same response.

Curious, I can't think of any reason that could fail. Google shows similar problems with Vera back in 2018. Can you make changes to the bedroom light from the Alexa app on your phone/tablet?

Yes no issues at all - to test I disabled the Alexa LIFX skill so I was sure it was HE doing the work, Once re enabled I can dim again via Alexa and LIFX

I can dim in HE from the dashboard as well

Do you see any errors in the Hubitat logs when you try to dim/brighten the lights by voice?

Have there been any recent updates on Lifx support -- in particular discovery by using their broadcast protocols or using their https-based protocols?

As far as I know nothing has changed in Hubitat with regards to being able to listen for UDP messages on a given port, so nothing has changed as far as broadcast protocols are concerned, unless somebody knows better.

It's probably not too difficult to use the https: route, it would need a way to enter and store the bearer token. I think the id field that is returned in the JSON is the MAC address, which may require a change to the device id (currently the IP address).

I'm reluctant to make a change like that since it will probably break existing installations.

Fortunately, I can use my app outside of Hubitat but it would be to have Hubitat support.

One approach might be to use https as an additional discovery technique but, as you note, there would need to be a way to inform discovery of the bearer token. Perhaps treat discovery as a virtual device?

You can also look at the Wiz support which has the ability to set IP addresses as a pattern to emulate.

Anyone had any problems with getting a light added and all looks good, but then just nothing happens when try to control it?

I added 4 last night and they worked fine then this morning tried to add 2 more but they just do not respond to any commands. Get added fine in the discovery but nothing seems to work to control it.

Do the logs show any errors for the new lights?

Is it just the two new lights that aren't working?

Lights showing online via the LIFX app? Do you have the bulbs set to a static IP?

LIFX LAN protocol is a broadcast protocol and those messages sometimes get lost.

This is what is in the logs (sorry should of posted first)

The lights are working as the Lifx app works fine along with Alexa. They used to be fine in the old house and since done a reset these ones don't work but there is nothing different from the other 4 I set up last night.

Do you know how I can tell if this message is being lost / fix that issue?

Ive added around 30 LIFX devices in my house and haven't seen those errors before. Have you removed and re-added?
Using the correct bulb drivers? I know that may seem like a dumb question but I've totally done that before.

Yeah it is odd as never had any problems before and yep have removed and re-added quite a few times.

That's pretty weird.

What is triggering the changes to these lights? Rule machine, Motion Lighting or direct control from the device itself? What version of the Hubitat firmware are you running?

I'd suggest that you update to the latest version of the LIFX Master app and at least the LIFX Color device. Go to Apps code, select LIFX Master, click the import button, then OK, and Save, similarly for the Drivers code for LIFX Color, and see if there's a difference.

The LIFX Master app doesn't have importURL defined in the application source. It's there for the drivers, thought.