LIFX Driver Code

The 1 IR bulb I have wasn’t responding to the documented IR commands..

Now .. That being said.. If you configure the IR in the LIFX app it will automatically turn to IR when the level reaches 0

1 Like

These Debug Unhandled Command messages are not indicating anything wrong, but I bet you're interested in seeing them:

Update: I can't reproduce it, so far.

1 Like

That’s right, I’m being dumb and forgot that’s how it worked. Never mind!

2 Likes

You will see those pop up with discovery messages.. I should probably filter those out before parse.

2 Likes

I'll report another behavior.. it's not wrong, but I tested it and now no one else has to :smiley:

I unplugged my one and only Lifx bulb and then from Device Info page, turned it on and off and set color, etc. All to a "dead" bulb because I wanted to know if it would jam up the hub. For a single bulb, it does not. But I think it might for a large number of Lifx devices.

The top few lines is when I plugged the Lifx bulb back in. It's the lines going back to yesterday that's the focus of this message :slight_smile: The hub's cached the command(s) and is trying them once a minute. Occasionally, multiple commands, once a minute. As I said, one is no problem, put a bunch of Lifx devices on the hub and theoretically there could be a resource issue.

4 Likes

Just to piggyback on another thread.. but are the CT mode on the color bulbs just slightly “off”, especially when compared to hue bulbs? I swapped out a hue bulb for one of the Lifx bulbs for testing purposes and the CT whites are just feel slightly red down in the 2700 range that I was using previously.

1 Like

I have noticed a difference.. but I would argue that the LIFX CT is more accurate..

1 Like

Moved this public.. I will also be updating docs.hubitat.com with all the developer related LIFX stuff..

3 Likes

Making progress here..

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=LIFX_Classes

2 Likes

@bcopeland Firstly just wanted to say thank you for making this integration officially! been waiting for it for ages and I'm so glad it's finally on Hubitat.

I have noticed some strange behaviour: I have 28 A19s - if I want to turn them on or off using the on / off control straight from the admin - I've noticed I have to double tap/click the on or off command button for it to work - any ideas on this?

1 Like

@bcopeland I am having the same issue re: double tapping that I posted here yesterday: LIFX Built-in drivers - questions and discussion - #48 by dario_rossi

Any advice would be appreciated!

Can you turn on debug logging and screenshot the logs when this happens?

Light was on at 5:26pm (started as on). I pressed off at 5:26:31.252 but light did not turn off. Waited until 5:30:30.668 and double clicked the off button and light turned off and you can see the info message that light was off. Clip of logs is below. I redacted info that looked like it could be identifiable. If you need more specific info, can we communicate outside of this thread?

@bcopeland Also worth mentioning this double tapping issue is actually more than just from the admin. If I set a button to turn on an LIFX light when it is pushed using a simple rule, it won't work (or at least 8 times out of 10 it won't work) unless the command is issued twice one after another in the rule script.

I agree with @AdamV I just used the device page as an example but the behavior is same regardless of where used: dashboard, device page, rules, etc…

Last thing from me - @bcopeland did .115 address this potential issue in trying to send commands to many devices that are off from a power source: LIFX Driver Code - #9 by csteele

The code does not currently attempt any re-transmitting.. So there should be no issue if a bulb has no power

1 Like

Does the lifx API support "start raising/lowering" and "stop changing"? Use case: Lutron Pico working as expected with Hubitat via lutron integration. Using Button Controller to assign commands to buttons produces no results when assigning a button to "start raising" a lifx bulb when held and to "stop changing" when released. Assigning on/off/toggle or even increment by a set % works as expected when pressed/held/released, but holding to dim or brighten in either direction does not work.

2 Likes

It doesn't support it in the firmware on the device.. But I am looking into possibly adding it as a driver feature..

3 Likes