Liftmaster gate with MyQ - driver?

I have a new Liftmaster gate with the MyQ Internet gateway setup. For those with a simliar setup, I've searched but do not see a specific driver for the gate so I'd appreciate knowing how you setup your HE to access/control your gate.

Have you tried this driver that I use on our LiftMaster myQ garage door opener?

The LiftMaster documentation for the 828LM Internet Gateway (which I have) seems to Imply, by the pairing procedure and the myQ mobile app, that it works with gates, too. Dominic Meglio’s (@dman2306’s) app, above, works for me with the 826LM Internet Gateway.

@672southmain... I also have a MyQ garage door opener. By chance do you have one as well? If so, do you also use Dominic's driver for it as well?

Yes, yes. I have a LiftMaster 8365-267 opener and an 828LM Gateway to enable MyQ operation, and an Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 to sense when the door is closed. Dominic’s port of Brian Beaird’s SmartThings driver has always worked perfectly.

It was the first device I added to our Hubitat hub when I migrated from Wink. The final straw with Wink, after all the repeated outages, was when Chamberlain discontinued integration with Wink.

Is there any way I can help you?

I added my MyQ Garage opener but when I created a tile on my dashboard, it shows "unknown" with a question mark. Any idea how to fix this?

Could you show a screenshot of the dashboard tile selections you have? In the first colum, you need to select the device name that the MyQ app created for the garage door when you installed the app and configured it. In the second column, you should select Garage (Control). Then close the tile edit.

The device name will be seen in the MyQ app. See screenshot - I named my Garage Door, um, Garage Door. See it circled in red.

Does this help?

By the way, the easiest way to install and configure MyQ Lite is by using Hubitat Package Manager by Dominic Meglio (@dman2306):

Edit: Perhaps these screenshots help:

Here are my screenshots... it appears I have the same setup as you.

Capture3

Except you are using no sensor where it appears 672 is using a door sensor. I don't think Door (control) tile works with no sensor. I think you have to use the individual open/close buttons in this case.

You are far better off getting a door tilt sensor, it is really the only way to ensure that the door is closed.

1 Like

@neonturbo... I'm not clear on which template to use for the Dashboard. What open/close template are you referring?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.