Life360 Refresh command [SOLVED]

Paid account, frequently out of sync and requires refresh. Most likely not related to free vs paid.

Paid account too and still gets out of sync .... although it does seem to be a little better lately.

+1 here too.. I'm on paid account. One of the latest revs seemed to fix the issue but the most recent upgrade seemed to break it again. I do have a rule that manually does the refresh and that seems to work but not ideal.

The various fixes for Life360 came out in 1.1.3, no changes to the app were made with the subsequent hotfix releases.

Thanks @mike.maxwell. I just noticed when 1.1.3 was first installed my presence was updating consistently without having to do any refreshes. Worked great. I noticed after going to one of the hotfixes my presence was not updating consistently with the Life360 status and had to implement a rule to run every few minutes to ensure status was updated. Maybe just a coincidence?

Is it normal for the Life360 Connector app to not show the settings when you go back in at a later time?

Seems like they are there if I go right back in but a few days later, they are gone and I have to reset them

Normal?
Rick

Not normal. I have never lost my Life360 settings.

Are you powering off you hub without properly shutting it down first? That could lead to database corruption, causing the hub to restore an old copy? Just a guess.

Haven't powered down the hub in about 10 days. I reset the settings about 5 days ago when diagnosing why our phones weren't showing as leaving or returning. I noticed in the log a null pointer value in the Life360 Connector app which lead me to noticing it didn't have any values. I reset them, selected done, even checked them before moving on. Tonight I go back in and they are once again, not there

Rick

1 Like

Probably something support@hubitat.com would be interested in seeing.

Agree, it didn't register me or my wife leaving today

Rick

not having any issues with Life360 but is it normal for no events to register when pushing the Life360 refresh button #1?
It is set as a type "Application refresh button"
normal virtual buttons will register an event when virtual buttons are pushed.

We're not big on unnessicary logging, the last activity timestamp in the driver details will be updated, as well as a button press event in the driver logs.
The app itself has a logging option, but you really don't need it.

I've had my presence not detected when I get home recently. When I hit push or refresh, nothing seemed to happen. The last activity was accurate but the device event show nothing except the initial numButton declaration and a single push event from back in June when I set this up. Does not seem normal.

Btw I also have a rule that runs a refresh every day at noon. Nothing in the the device events.

I removed the life360 refresh button and uninstalled life360 then reinstalled Life360.
the Life360 refresh button returned and I push button 1 as well as trying the refresh and both appeared in the Life360 refresh button event log.
But then I added the Life360 refresh button to a Rule Machine refresh rule and now the Life360 refresh button does not appear to fire. When i went back to the Life360 refresh button and pushed the button and the refresh and nothing appears in the events now.
Not sure if adding it to a Rule Machine rule broke it or if it just stops working after 2 tries.
I got called to work but will look at this evening when I get home.

I just tested both refresh and push on mine, both register a refresh and push in live logs.
The application refresh button isn't a normal button, it does not send global events as you would expect other devices to do, given that its single purpose is to poke the app, that's all it does.
It accepts push and refresh as commands, but does not create events that other apps can subscribe to.
This was intentional given the use case.

As stated above, mine does not do this. Any suggestions? I believe others have expressed the same problem. Would you like to test anything or should I just delete and recreate?

Edit: I realize you were discussing Live Logs...I was actually referring to Device Event List...my mistake. Please confirm whether there should be any entries in the event list.

Edit 2: reread your previous posts. I understood driver events ... where you mentioned driver logs. I guess there are actually no device events except for the initial configuration. I believe this is the source of confusion for many of us. There is an initial pushed event there so we assume the should be subsequent pushed events.

If you just delete the refresh button, then open life360, then hit done, the refresh button will be recreated.
Makes no sense why it would stop working, but give that a shot.

See my edits above.

1 Like

This is correct, and by design.

1 Like

I did try deleting the Life360 refreesh button and then opened Life360 app and hit done hoping it would recreate the Life360 refresh button first and it did not recreate the refresh button.
I will try again since I have re-install Life360 app
I will also take a look at the live logs when I get home.