Life360.. Need a presence sensor that wont share all locations all the time

I've set up life360 for automations for myself, my wife, and our nanny coming into and leaving our home. But inside the life360 app i can now see all my nanny's locations and she can see ours, everywhere all the time.

I only want to know her location when she arrives to my house, or leave. Any suggestions? I've already tried the hubitat presence sensor on iphone and that was a complete bust.

I've used OwnTracks for years. Works on iPhone and Android (on Android the app needs to be restarted after a reboot). You do not need to share location with anyone. There is a Hubitat integration from @brianwilson.

If you're an iPhone user, there are also Hubitat integrations for Geofency (also from @brianwilson) and Locative.

2 Likes

There is also the locative app for iPhones but you have to set up you own MakerAPI to get it working.
I moved from life360 about six months ago and it has been flawless.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I'll check out locative and don't mind making a purchase to make it happen.

2 Likes

For locative you do not need to buy the designer package. I am just using the freebie. Basically you define the geofence in the app and the phone decides when it’s in or out and sends a webhooks to the HE relay. There is a thread where it discussed setup. I will look.

2 Likes

Here is the most recent link with another link in the post to the original thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.