Life360 Connector

I have been using the Life 360 connector in Hubitat for about 2 weeks. No problems. Within the last couple of days, it has stopped working completely. I have 4 devices in my circle, and non update.

My parents have a Hubitat hub too, and they are having the same issue. No updating. Life360 not updating. I have removed the Life360 app from Hubitat and added. No change.

Any ideas @support ?

Mine has started doing the same thing.

EDIT: To clarify what I ran into. I use a combination of the HE app and Life360 to set modes when we leave. If both my wife and I leave it sets mode to away. If either of us comes home it sets it to home. That has worked fine for months. The HE app is flaky on this, but Life360 has been rock solid.

I have been in and out several times over the last few days, but since it was only me the mode didn't change. We had not both been gone for several days. Till yesterday. Then we noticed the mode wasn't getting set. When I looked at the events I noticed that Life360 hadn't updated me on HE over the last couple three days. The Life360 app on the phone was updating correctly, it just wasn't getting to HE.

This is an identical situation for me. Very similar setup. I use SharpTools, for the automation side of things. When my wife AND I come home AND it’s dark outside, run one of my lighting scenes.

If I manually update the status of my presence within the device in Hubitat, it updates in SharpTools immediately. However, Life360 and Hubitat are not talking. Life360 shows accurate location if I go to Life360 app.

Super frustrating.

It started working again this morning.

Mine did too, however, it’s way delayed. It used to be within seconds of me leaving my “circle” in Life360, now it’s minutes.

Hopefully this gets fixed.

Mine appears to be as timely as it was before. May take a few days to know for sure.

Have you been using Life360 with Hubitat for long? Historically how realiable has it been?

I used to use Life360 directly with SmartThings using what is called a custom device handler, and it was VERY reliable. But, with SmartThings moving forward with their “Next Gen”, they will no longer support custom device handlers, thus Life360 will not work work with SmartThings.

Appreciate your input.

I’ve used Life360 on HE for a couple years. Historically it has been the most reliable of all the methods I use. I also use the HE app, which isn’t always very reliable, Alexa and Google home. With all 4 I usually get some sort of response. But Life360 is probably 98% reliable.

1 Like

Have just had this exact issue occur for both me and my wife’s phone, life360 worked flawlessly for the last 12 months and in the last 36 hours first my phones geofencing started to get flakey and then fail entirely but now my wife’s has too. I have no idea how to restore the function.

After this thread of posts, things seemed to work good again. Now over the last few days, it works less than 40% of the time.

If I go into “apps” on the hub, and refresh the Life360 login again, presence status’s will update, but then if I leave home, more than likely they will not update.

I have read that Hubitat support is virtually none existent. How can we make anyone from Hubitat aware of this?

Hmmm...I had this problem yesterday/today. I thought that perhaps it was because I hooked up a second hubitat with life360 connector and that caused it to kick me out of the original hubitat life360 connector...anyone know if I can have 2 hubitats connected through life360 account? Mine came back as soon as I refreshed my life360 on hubitat1....since I don't have full time internet at hubitat2 location (yet), I can't remote in to see...thoughts anyone?

I tried Life360 Connector for several weeks and found it was not very reliable. I frequently had to do the manual Life360 refresh to get it to show correct presence in my HE hub (frustrating when, for example, we'd arrive home and lights wouldn't work as they should when we're home, and the heater wouldn't come on, as the hub stayed in AWAY mode until I manually refreshed Life360). Since my family all use iPhones, I moved to using the Apple Home app automations (via my Apple TV), and the built-in Maker API. Using that for a week now, it has been fast/100% accurate. I highly recommend such a setup for Apple users! Here's the discussion I read through to set it up - Most successful presence detection?