Lg c3 tv

Trying to integrate my lg c3 tv into hubitat and having a hella time. I’ve downloaded the lg we is drivers and it found the tv. Connected get message saying it can’t be paired from the app must be done from tv but can’t figure out how to do any pairing other than blue tooth. I’ve gone into IoT devices and it only find the Philips hue bridge. Feel like this is super simple but can’t find hides or instructions anywhere. Any help would be appreciated! All I’m trying to do is turn it on/off with rules and cast to it (think I can just use Apple AirPlay)

It would be helpful to share more details about the custom code you’re using, since LG TVs aren’t compatible with Hubitat’s built-in integrations.

Alternatively, it’s possible to use LG’s HomeKit integration directly, and with virtual switches that are also added to HomeKit, get control of the TV’s on/off with Hubitat.

2 Likes

IM using the LG WebOS TV Discovery via the package manager. From what i was reading it seemed like i could control the tv via WebOS so thats why i downloaded that. I dont have anything Homekit sadly but seems like im going to have to buy something to run it just for integration on stuff which sucks but is what it is if thats what i have to do.

AFAICT, the LG integration in Hubitat package manager needs an update that still hasn’t happened. LG must have changed something on their end.

It’s a small change to the code though, discussed in this thread:

1 Like

When you use community-developed apps or drivers, it's recommended to find the corresponding post about that tool here the community, and then ask support-related questions in that thread -- that way, the developer and other active users of it usually see it faster, and relevant info stays easy-to-find in that one place.

ETA - and if the tool is no longer being actively supported, it's better to find out about that by checking out the thread instead of downloading the tool and finding out that way. That's the downside of community-developed stuff - if the original developer drops it or leaves, there's a chance that tool is dead in the water.

2 Likes

I have had a 2018 LG C8 since 2018 and just installed a 2023 LG G3. The only thing I automate is turning the TV on and off and keeping a lamp in the same room on while the TV is on so it ignores motion rules. I have AppleTV 4ks on all my TVs and I’ve got all my TVs in Homebridge through the Homebridge-lgwebos-tv plugin. Works great. I just tell Siri to turn on or off the TV and have it automated that when the house is empty all TVs turn off if on.