Leviton Zigbee Switch pairing as Nue Zigbee Switch

Hi,

I have a Leviton Lumina RF (Zigbee) Switch, model DL15S (DL15S-1BZ). When it pairs, it is getting picked up by the Nue Zigbee Switch driver and then creating two child endpoints. I suspect it should just be using the Generic Zigbee Switch driver. @mike.maxwell Would it be possible to try that? (I can change it to Generic Zigbee Switch once the device has paired, but I can't delete the two Nue endpoint components and the switch control gets funky from that point).

Fingerprint when joining the Leviton DL15S:

Nue Zigbee Switch
Label:
Please Enter a Device Label
ID: CEAE
Manufacturer: Leviton
Product Name:
Model Number: DL15S
deviceTypeId: 772
manufacturer : Leviton
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application :
outClusters : 0003,0006,0008,0019,0406
initialized : true
model : DL15S
stage : 4
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 2
inClusters : 8007
endpointId : 02
profileId : C4C8
application :
outClusters : 8007
initialized : true
model :
stage : 4

Thanks!

This product is not zigbee compliant. I don't see anywhere in the device specifications where it says the word zigbee. You do realize that 8.02.15.4 is more than just zigbee, correct? I believe this switch uses a proprietary RF protocol. I don't think it's going to work with Hubitat.

It turns on/off with the Nue driver, it just doesnโ€™t return switch status when pressed physically. The dimmer in the same series works flawlessly with the Generic Zigbee Dimmer Driver, and the switch itself is supported by SmartThings and listed as speaking Zigbee:

So as far as I can tell, it should work fine with the generic zigbee switch driver but I just need it to join without spinning up sub-components from the Nue driver.

It speaks zigbee...doesn't mean it speaks Zigbee HA1.2. Zigbee communication protocol is used by lots of devices that don't have any hope of ever working with Hubitat because their protocols are incompatible.

Thanks.. Itโ€™s supported in the SmartThings Zigbee Switch device handler so it definitely speaks HA 1.2:

It works fine with the generic Zigbee switch driver. I have one of these in a bathroom. I also have 4 of their dimmers which get picked up by generic Zigbee dimmer driver. They are not advertised as Zigbee compliant but as far as I can tell they work fine. They are big so you need a deep box. Also when you set a dim level (on the dimmer version) the dimmer level changes and the light turns on but the switch does not report being on. But it works fine automatons.

I added mine before the Nue driver was added. I think the switch came in as a device then I changed it to a generic Zigbee switch.

Sometimes these switches and dimmers can be had for very low cost because people don't know they work with a Zigbee HA 1.2 compatible hub.

1 Like

I can add the fingerprint to the generic driver...

Thanks!

Confirmed that this now pairs as a Generic Zigbee Switch in 2.1.9 and works well. Thanks!

1 Like