Leviton Z-Wave Plus Switch (DZ15S), what driver should I use?

Hi,

I have a lot of Leviton Z-Wave Plus switches and dimmers and just started adding them to Hubitat.

The dimmers (DZ6HD and DZ1KD) and are recognized as "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" which works perfectly and reading the forums this seems like the one to use.

The switches though (DZ15S), are recognized as "Generic Z-Wave Outlet" which does not sound right but they seem to work fine... I tried "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" and "Generic Z-Wave Switch" and also seem to work fine...

What should be the right Driver to use here?

Also, noob question: what is the difference between device name and label? I mean, other than the obvious which is the one used for example when asking Google Home to turn on a light, etc.?

Found the answer to Name vs Label:

Hi @mike.maxwell, I am a little bit confused here...

My understanding is that the Generic Z-Wave "Smart" drivers are the ones to be used for Z-Wave Plus devices and the ones with the capability to distinguish physical vs digital events.

This works just fine for my Leviton Dimmers but the switches (DZ15S) which are Z-Wave Plus are being added as Outlets, when I switch them to the "Smart" version of the switch they work but report everything as digital, then if I use the non "Smart" version they also work and do report physical vs digital, so the opposite to whats explained in several places...

I guess I'll use the one that works but my anal nature wants to understand :yum:

This is the fingerprint for these switches:

@mike.maxwell is the lord of the drivers, maybe he can give you some light here.

Part of this switches fingerprint is a match for a Leviton outlet.
Various self reporting devices require parsing the reports differently in order to make the physical/digital distinction.
With the info you've provided I should be able to get this guy reporting correctly using the generic smart switch driver, as well as pairing to it in the future.

2 Likes

Not sure of all of them however 0x5E means it is a Z-wave plus device. If you see 0x98 it is connected in secure mode.

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Hi @mike.maxwell, after the 2.0.1 update I'm not getting physical status changes at all, not for my dimmers which were working fine before using the Smart driver, nor for the switches on either smart or non-smart driver...

There weren't any changes in 2.0.1 to zwave other than to the smart dimmer driver,
I doubt this has anything to do specifically with 2.0.1, give your zwave a chance to settle down.

Ok, I restarted the hub and dimmers started reporting fine, switches needed a kick but started reporting too... all good now...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.