Leviton VRSC4 Z-Wave Controller

Trying to restore all the functionality I had under Vera. This device was correctly recognized but marked as a 6-button switch. It actually has 4 buttons that are rockers, and two simple on/off buttons. The Rockers are recognized as buttons 1-4, but I cannot see how to tell which end of the rocker has been pressed. In my logs I get a message telling me the button has been pressed, but I don't see any way to tell whether the left or right option was pressed. Ideally I want the left end to be on and right end off. I can do with toggle for the moment, but I wanted to configure on as DAY/NIGHT mode, again I can do this with a little logic if I have too.

If you go to the device's settings page, in the upper right corner there is a States column. There should be something that says "button 2 pressed" or similar every time you use a different button.

The logs should have stated a button number too, not sure why that doesn't show up. But if watching these forums has taught me anything, those Leviton devices are... special.

The logs tell me button which button is pressed

The problem, they don't tell me which 'end' of rocker was pressed. I would have expected each end of the rocker to be it's own button, but that's clearly not the case.

OK, well reading other threads I begin to see the problem. My Leviton VRCZ4-MR got identified as a VRSC4 by hubitat, as did my VRCZ2.

You can change the driver. Likely generic multi endpoint switch driver should work (don't forget to click configure)

1 Like

Looking at the logs, it seem that reasonable payloads are sent

But I need to access the 'data'