Leviton VRPD3-1LW disovered as Fan Controller

My first device added to my HE is a Leviton VRPD3-1LW plugin dimmer module and I have a question about the pairing details.

This device is a Plug in dimmer module Leviton VRPD3-1LW
It was discovered as a " Leviton Fan Controller"
With the HE I can turn it on and off, dim and I think set the ON level dim %.

I cannot however program how the front light behaves and these is an option for the "Paddle Function" (which I assume would be the on/off paddle on a wall switch.

My question is: was this device discovered as the wrong type of module? Or are there often extraneous options that don't apply to the current device type.

Another question: This module has the capability to change the on to off ramp rate by modifying a variable. Can you tell me how this is done in HE?

Thanks

John

I also have question. These Leviton plug in dimmers show up as fan control. They were working as dimmers for my lights. 2.09 killed them had to go back to 2.08.113 to regain control of lights again.
What can we do?

I think I'll try re-defining them as Generic Z-wave dimmers and trying again. Will try 2.09 again after updating all 4.

If you fetch me the fingerprint for these, I'll add the complete fingerprint to whatever driver you tell me that the work correctly with.

They seem to work fine as Generic Z-wave devices. Just upgraded to 2.09 and all is good.

Right, but unless you give me the fingerprint they will continue to select the wrong driver on join.

is this the info you need?

Device Details

Create Time 2019-03-08 2:27:34 PM PST
Last Update Time 2019-04-29 7:54:52 PM PDT
Last Activity At 2019-04-29 7:59:45 PM PDT
Data * deviceType: 5894
  • inClusters: 0x26,0x27,0x2B,0x2C,0x85,0x72,0x86,0x91,0x77,0x73
  • outClusters: 0x82
  • deviceId: 820
  • manufacturer: 29|
    |In Use By|* Amazon Echo Skill
  • Dine (Button Controller-1.6)|
1 Like

I just got my HE, looking to move from ST. I too tried adding this plug-in " Leviton VRPD3-1LW Vizia RF + Series 300 Watt Scene Capable Plug-In Lamp Dimming Module" (same data as Rich's). My HE hub is at 2.1.3.128, but the device still discovers as a fan controller.

The changing to the "Generic Z-Wave Dimmer" does work, except the indicator mode does not seem to work. The device indicator is always on when the outlet is off.

I've barely started working with HE, but so far, the responsiveness seems much better than I see on ST.

Thanks,
--rick

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.