Leviton VRCS4

Hi. I have one of these coming from Amazon later today. I researched the posts and as far as I can see here is a native driver in HE now. Question. I plan on putting this at my front entrance to control multiple devices, like a scene controller. Top button to control a light at at entrance. Next button to toggle on / off all my out door lights ( all z wave). Next button to toggle all my interior lights that are on Zwave. Last button to toggle on off all my home lights.
Will this work? Clearly the only real load at that light switch is the single out door light that the current switch is connected to. Thanks in advance. Mac.

I don't know if you're going to be able to get that to work. Looking at the install instructions there are configuration commands that have to be sent to the device to make it into a central scene controller. You can give it a shot but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks. The only reason I was trying is that a friend of mine hooked up this switch in a similar manner in on smart things. I figure HE has to be better :smile:

Did he have to use a custom DTH?

The VRSC4 is built into Hubitat’s drivers. I’ve got one in my setup. One of the most responsive Z-Wave devices I have, actually.

The VRZC4 is a different story, but thankfully that’s not what we are talking about :slight_smile:

It is not listed on the Compatible Devices listing. What driver does it use?

AH HA!!!
VRSC not VRCS!!!! You guys are screwing with me now!!!

You might want to edit the title so no one else makes the same mistake.

Thanks for catching that!

1 Like

I'm sitting here going, WTH IS GOING ON!?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down_face:

The part number is VRCS4, not VRSC4 (unless there actually is another part number, but its not on Leviton's site as VRSC4). So, does the Hubitat compatible device list have a typo? Perhaps @mike.maxwell could fix it? And, it appears the driver name in the firmware also is listed as VRSC4, instead of VRCS4.

Well, one of em was wrong dang nabbit. That's all I know for sure anymore. LMAO I give up.

Also you paid $100 for a 4 button controller?

1 Like

Someone bought my VRCS-2 for $200 :flushed:

Then again, it’s the only single-gang, dual-throw switch I know of with Z-Wave...

Edit: The 4s sell for $30-$40, now. Leviton still charges $30 for a faceplate. I still have the almond coloring on mine—which is ugly, but not $30 ugly :sweat_smile:

Adam. Just received my switch. Can yiu tell me if the one you have can directly control a load? There is only a hut, neutral and groung....so it looks to be all remote control.
Thanks.
Mac

Correct. It’s only a controller, so it can only do indirect load control. The VRSC-2 can do 2 load controls, but it’s a lot more expensive.

Powered it up in a gang box to get it working before i install a new box in the wall. Cannot get it to pair. Do you recall the strps you used? Thanks. Mac

I’ll send the info tomorrow. Long day here :slight_smile:

Thanks. Appreciate that.

Makes me wonder if i have the right controller. This is a VRCS4-M0Z
Clearly states zwave controller on the box though.
Cannot get it to pair at all.

:rofl: Look :point_up_2: Did it again!

1 Like

I’d start by holding buttons 1 and 3 until the lights turn from amber to red—this will factory reset it.

Next, put your hub in exclusion mode, and hold buttons 1 and 3 until the lights turn Amber. Watch your logs to see if anything got excluded.

Then, press 1 and 3 until the lights turn amber, and try to include the controller.

I do this every time I add a leviton device to my mesh—they can be a bit fussy sometimes, but this usually does the trick.

If I flip it back and forth every time I’m bound to get it right next time :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks. Out to Lowe’s to buy a Lutron controller. It’s battery powered but still wall mount.
I’ve tried the procedure to posted several times without the exclusion so hopefully that works.
Will update when I get home. Thanks

1 Like