Leviton DZPD3 Z-Wave plug-in outlet

I am looking to automate the LED lights for my aquarium. They are dimmable with a dial built into the two-pronged cord. I have them plugged into an Ikea smart outlet now and they work fine (just on/off). I am looking to gradually ramp up and down the brightness over time.

Does anyone know if I that functionality would work with the DZPD3? I really don't want to start cutting the cords, etc.

I know this is old, but in my experience, this will not work. The hood of the tank (in my case) converts the 120 vac to a dc range that the LEDs use. In this case, only on/off switches would work as the Leviton never truely turns all the way of and caused the tank lights to flicker and such. If you have older style tank lights that use regular 120 vac bulbs, you can set the dial on the tank to 100% and use the Leviton to control the dim level.

Yeah, I abandoned this. My goal now is to find a HE compatible power bar that doesn't cost a fortune to replace Ikea plugs and a Geeni WiFi powerbar that has a mind of its own.