Leviton Dimmer state not reporting

I have a Leviton dinner that works via the app. When you turn on or off via the device in the app, the device responds appropriately. The Siri is the device doesn’t report the correct state back to the hub. I have had this issue before and changed the switch with a new one. It has now started doing the same thing. I have other Leviton devices further away from the hub and they report correctly. I’m at a loss onto why this continues to happen to this device.

The driver is Leviton dimmer.

What Leviton model # is it? They have firmware updates for some (not all) of their z-wave stuff.

It’s the DZ6HD unit.

I have around 10-12 of these around the house.

This unit seems to be the only one that acts this way.

They have a f/w update for that one... I don't have one of those units, so I'm not familiar with them, but updating f/w likely can't hurt.

Guide to updating Leviton z-wave firmware - :bellhop_bell: Get Help / Devices - Hubitat

2 Likes

When I had issues with Leviton DZ6HDs I had some luck by power cycling the switch by turning its breaker off-on. You could also try air gapping by pulling the dimmer slide out, but in my mind turning off the breaker makes more sense. If that doesn't help updating the f/w as suggested by @hydro311 may help.

I removed the device from my hub. Seems that it’s having trouble communicating with the hub for some reason. Same issue with last switch in this location.
I did have other Leviton devices further away on this side of home.

I checked ZWave details abs still have the same 5 ghosts I have had for awhile.

I now have 3 I can remove. I believe I need power off to remove them - correct ?
Not sure which are the actual ghosts so I may just have to turn all 120v breakers off at the panel. Except for the hub of course.

I’m starting to think the mesh is causing this issue with this specific location.

Likely the cause of your troubles,
Yes you will need to power off the device(s) that caused the ghosts to remove them.

1 Like

Yeah, these ghosts will wreak havoc with your mesh in general. While things could go fine for a while (they're really not they only seem to) Eventually z-wave is going to do something and run into them and you will have problems. It's essential that you remove the ghosts. If you can't remove them while the devices are powered down, you will need a z-wave stick to remove them and make your mesh healthy.

Are you already using my custom driver? [DRIVER] Leviton Dimmers (DZPD3 / DZ6HD)

If you are using the generic driver I think something changed with them not long ago, as random issues started popping up and people said switching to my new driver fixed it. These older Leviton devices use a depreciated HAIL command and it seems like support for it was removed from some of the generic drivers people were using.

1 Like

I can vouch for this. I had weird problems with the generic driver on my DZ6HD's and DZPD3's and the driver from @jtp10181 fixed all my problems.

1 Like

I had the Leviton driver on it. Removed to for he rod while testing. I will be working more on this tonight.

I will report back my findings.