Let's talk creative uses for Lux (Luminence) sensors

Lol didn't even know what it was but if it integrates I want one.

5 Likes

It integrates and it's a local API... It also directly integrates with Rachio as well Here's a sample but a few attributes have been rem'd out...

1 Like

That's a lot of juicy data.

Looks like some very comfortable weather there.

2 Likes

@scunny Not when I was putting this up all day

1 Like

Meme Aww GIF by MOODMAN

It’s 100°F+ here in Dallas-Fort Worth all week. The prediction is 104°F Friday and Saturday. :hot_face: :joy:

5 Likes

During late July we get between 105 and 110 for a week or two (Pittsburgh)

Yeah, we’re expecting 30-40 days of 100+ this year. I hope you stay hydrated and cool. It’s got to be humid with the rivers running through the city.

1 Like

It gets that way a lot..At least Texas is dry. Even in the 100+ it's not oppressive

It isn’t overly dry here. It’s averaging about 50% across the day, ~70% in the morning and 30% is n the heat of the day. The moisture content (lbs of water in the air) is relatively constant.

Keeping Cool GIF by sambmotion

Stay cool my friend. :ice_cube:

1 Like

Which Pittsburgh are you in?

1 Like

In the land of frozen tundra (Northern Mn) we hit 96. That's the highest I can remember in a decade.

I'm just outside in wash and we've definitely gotten over that...

Start of a weather dashboard..I'll add other tiles once I figure out the layout I want and add Lux as well

1 Like

Makes sense. Less cloud cover than the city and further from the Great Lakes systems. I noticed the opposite difference when I from Mon Valley to the North Hills. Definitely an area where you want hyper-local weather conditions.

1 Like

I used to live in North Hills...(Ingomar) Kinda miss it sometimes. But close enough to the burgh to bike at Frick and North Park..