Let's talk 3D printers!

Is the correct answer for printing this Pendant Ratchet Yes or No?

Multi part object

I would guess that the only affect the answer will have would be be on print speed, possibly. Maybe answer one way, slice it, and answer the other way, and slice it again, and compare? :slight_smile:

Couldn't tell the difference. :man_shrugging:
So I'm gambling 6 grams of filament on Yes.
(or was it No :confused: )

Edit: Right or wrong, Yes seems to have worked.

1 Like

How are you doing that?

I currently have my Octoprint instances notifying via Home Assistant.

Edit: Found the Octoprint driver in HPM.

My Ribbon cable finally arrived today. So I was able to install the tool head / hot end and wire everything up.

I have a few things working already, but still a fair bit of effort needed to get it printing.

LED lights and BLTouch are live!

3 Likes

What printer is that? Or what was it, and what is it now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm giving up on Duramic filament. I used some of their PLA+ and PETG and have had constant issues with both. Dunno if it's because of the speed of the X1C or their product is just garbage. This is after printing off temp towers and flow guides to get them "dialed in."

I have some Polyterra Bone Grey I'm going to try for the Star Wars models.

I was a Flashforge Adventurer 3. :rofl:

Try some eSun or Sunlu PLA, I’ve found I usually need to dry it first, but after that it’s great.

I suppose you won't accept the original retail price for that printer for it now, right?

Its mama wouldn't even know who it was!

:wink:

1 Like

Actually I would. These were $700 new, not that I paid that. :+1:

2 Likes

Sunlu and Bambu's stuff have both performed really well with very little tinkering. Usually pick the two, but Duramic had the right shade of grey. The Polyterra I just got in is the same shade on the spool, so we'll see.

1 Like

Thank you Zack Freedman.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B63CPK36/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

That is so cool! I haven't finished watching his cursed filament episode yet.

1 Like

This one was from his random review video:

1 Like

I just discovered why I parked my SKR Mini MZ, I’d blown two of the fan control circuits and never got around to finding replacements for the broken mosfets. So out of sheer laziness, I just ordered an SKR Mini E3 to replace it.

TBH, I think the Mini E3 is a better solution for others too as they are very common and cheap.

1 Like

Anyone seen this solder assist, with adjustable solder feed? If like to print it, can't find it.

Looks quite gimmicky to me. IMO this one would do the job just as well.

https://www.printables.com/model/367790-soldering-fingers-for-wire-splicing

1 Like

Yabbut the gimmicky part is the fun. :wink:

Found it at Thangs...

2 Likes

Is it though? :thinking:

2 Likes