Let's talk 3D printers!

I just finished printing the black parts, I just need the grey Filament to finish it off.

2 Likes

That is going to look cool...

1 Like

Same here, which is why I wrote the Klipper Integration!

I’m running a mutant tool changer on mine, so currently can do plotting, drag knife, just working on dual extrusion and will likely do a laser next!

4 Likes

it's all about the journey.....

2 Likes

Round 2...

I think that is everything @danabw recommended!? Now I just need the printer to arrive and set it up! It should be here today. :flushed:

4 Likes

I feel like your family is going to be coming after us... :astonished::wink:

1 Like

Interesting! I'm definitely interested in cutting vinyl (for sporadic work requests that I have to currently farm out), but a laser would be fun, too. How did you pull this off?

1 Like

Pics are required, I believe, to fully comprehend. :slight_smile:

You left out the years supply of raisin cookies that we agreed on. :wink: You are definitely loaded for bear...

1 Like

A bit of 3D design and a drag knife, need to cut in to a cutting board below, currently unsprung but there are other designs online, I’ll update mine at some point to utilise the spring on the drag knife

5 Likes

This is a great idea, can you link to where the knife can be bought?

1 Like

This is the one I bought: Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Thanks - that's pretty inexpensive. I've been meaning to try a cricut for a while but not sure if it's something that would get long term use. this would be ideal to test out.

Methinks the cricut would be the better financial choice. That said, this group isn't known for its top-notch money-related decisions.

I have an adult granddaughter who pays for christmas by doing small custom orders on a cricut.

3 Likes

I have an older Silhouette vinyl cutter with thousands of cutting hours and still going strong, love this little machine. I cut everything from wall vinyl to truck lettering. One of the best purchases I've made. I also have a 24" vinyl cutter but that one doesn't get much use.

4 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I have an old printer that I could just pop this on. If it proves useful I'd go a proper cricut.

1 Like

FYI you need to print 2 sets of the black wing panels. (ask me how I know)

3 Likes

Ah crap, you are correct. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wow, I’m one download away from 3,000! :scream:

https://www.printables.com/social/171511-djos_1475/models

3 Likes

This is looking great so far, I just need to print out a second set of black panels. I couldn’t wait and showed it to my 9 year old son as is, and he I loved it. :+1:

2 Likes