Let's talk 3D printers!

Out of pocket today, but can get back to you tomorrow on this.

I'd suggest running the flow rate testing that Derek linked to above today - that's an important part of settings related to speeding up printing, and it's a very easy test to do.

1 Like

It is nice indeed to have those types of connections.

Several of us here are using Klipper w/our printers and have it connected to Hubitat via a community Klipper integration that works really well, and then can setup print status notifications and other actions w/lighting, etc. Super easy to set up and works very well.

1 Like

oh yea- he even consolidated all the requests in to one Problem: Lack of Sovol printer profiles in both Cura & PrusaSlicer - Sovol SV05 Cubic DD - Sovol3d forum - I commented :wink:

3 Likes

Well dammit, it is a problem. :wink: For me, anyway, and that makes it important, right? :smiley:

This is a bit of a pet peeve w/me...really like my printer, but Sovol's lack of printer profiles in one of the (if not the) most popular slicers is a gap they need to close. A little like selling a printer and then telling the customer to try using some other company's driver...

But let's not look at the man behind the curtain. Certainly not in the morning when he has bed hair. :scream:

1 Like

its the ender dragon on the build plate isnt it :rofl: i tried replacing w/a PEI texture i found but it made it slow to refresh

1 Like

MY little LG Q6 seems to be handling the server duties fine (tried an older Acer Zest Plus that works, but poorly) and HE hooked up using the Octoprint driver on HPM.

The Wi-Fi connection is the best Octoprint feature (hate SD card swapping) and the HeaterTimeout is great for someone as forgetful busy as me. :wink:

1 Like

Skull planter. Haven't put the cactus in it yet, as I'm still waiting for the waterproofing to dry. I waterproof the inside with flexseal spray.

Printed with translucent PLA, 0.12 layer, gyroid infill.

Edit, with cactus. They look better after a few months after the cactus grows a little bit.

8 Likes

Good idea. Duly noted. Thanks.

1 Like

I used Envirotex Lite 02008 POUR-ON High Gloss Finish to waterproof some planters I made. I thinned it with a little acetone, then brushed it on with a foam brush. One, I coated on the outside and the rest, on the inside of the reservoirs. It worked quite well for the purpose.

The UPC is 0 33331 02008 9 if anyone wants to get a better idea of what it is.

1 Like

I printed this one for my wife.

4 Likes

I like it!

A little bit of 3D love. :slight_smile:

Is the correct answer for printing this Pendant Ratchet Yes or No?

Multi part object

I would guess that the only affect the answer will have would be be on print speed, possibly. Maybe answer one way, slice it, and answer the other way, and slice it again, and compare? :slight_smile:

Couldn't tell the difference. :man_shrugging:
So I'm gambling 6 grams of filament on Yes.
(or was it No :confused: )

Edit: Right or wrong, Yes seems to have worked.

1 Like

How are you doing that?

I currently have my Octoprint instances notifying via Home Assistant.

Edit: Found the Octoprint driver in HPM.

My Ribbon cable finally arrived today. So I was able to install the tool head / hot end and wire everything up.

I have a few things working already, but still a fair bit of effort needed to get it printing.

LED lights and BLTouch are live!

3 Likes

What printer is that? Or what was it, and what is it now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm giving up on Duramic filament. I used some of their PLA+ and PETG and have had constant issues with both. Dunno if it's because of the speed of the X1C or their product is just garbage. This is after printing off temp towers and flow guides to get them "dialed in."

I have some Polyterra Bone Grey I'm going to try for the Star Wars models.

I was a Flashforge Adventurer 3. :rofl: