Let's Get Started app

I love the fact that there are now built in sample rules. I was going to check them out and noticed there's nothing showing under three of the devices.

I'll go ahead and try out the others but wanted to let you guys know there are some missing.

Ok, so I ran down the few samples available.

• The Dimmer rule is a Simple Lighting Rule, nice.
  • The Thermostat creates a 2nd instance of Thermostat Scheduler, handy and useful.
  • The Keypad and Lock example didn't install anything, no joy.
  • WARNING, the presence sample replaces your Mode Manager settings with the sample, ouch.

Good start, let's see these tightened up and some more options!

Now excuse me I need to do a restore.

Interesting, there won't be a fix for that, well have to remove that one.

Will investigate...

Well, what could be done with three sensors and no actuators?
I'm serious on this...

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll leave Dimmer selected and run through the others. Thank for the App and advice.

If you have suggestions on what to replace mode manager with that uses the presence device let me know, best i could do is not show that option if mode manager is already installed, but i would prefer to have another option as well...

Ok so I worked through the other samples :

• The Dimmer with Motion makes another Simple lighting rule, thumbs up!
  • The Dimmer with Contact makes a RM4 rule, Success!
  • Water and Presence, Replaces HSM with sample, BOOM - another restore for me.
1 Like

There's always unlock door with presence or turn on light with presence...
For the Water detector, turn on a light, or speak/send a message.

Yeah, nothing to be done here but drop that option if it's already installed.
Appreciate you taking the time to go through all of this, it didn't get any sort of soak in beta...

The least I can do. Thanks for all you've done!

Would it be possible to create RM4 basic rules for presence if MM is already installed and present a message stating that? Or, if MM is already installed, display a toggle for either creating RM rules OR overwriting MM's settings? Something like "Mode Manager is already installed on this hub. Would you like to create Rule Manager rules for this option or overwrite your Mode Manager settings?"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.