Legacy Samsung TV Driver

I have an older Samsung tv model UN32EH5300 that I used to have controlled by Hubitat. I uninstalled the driver because of not being able to turn the tv on. But off worked fine. I wanted to reinstall it but now for the life of me I cant find it. I have searched the forum and cant find it. Everything I find is for 2016 and later or the links are dead. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Here is the 2016 and beyond thread.

Here is the thread before that and there is talk about 2015 models...

@djgutheinz had some experimental code for pre-2016 Samsungs but I don't think he was able to get an acceptable level of functionality. I could be wrong but that's my recollection.

You are absolutely correct. Thanks for remembering.

The issue with the 2015 version is that Samsung went to an encryption technique that was embedded in the message (vice protocol). The code to work that is extensive and hard to test.

Dave

I was looking for a driver for the old 2013 models. I just need power off. I used to have one but now i cant find it. Thanks for the help.

Not intending to be dismissive. A better solution may be an external zigbee/z-wave plug with on/off. Cost is relatively low and it would also provide the means of turning the set on (on my 2015 model, if I use the plug instead of the remote to turn the set off, when I turn on the plug, the set turns on). The driver I was working on was dead-ended since I have NO MEANS of testing to see the effectiveness. I would spend hours trying to get it to work.

Understand. I will either do a plug or replace the old tv anyway. I guess what bothers me most Is I had a driver from somewhere installed and working and stupid me uninstalled it.

Added a Z-way plug to the old tv and it works good for on/off. Thanks for the suggestion.

How are you doing this in practice? Seems like you would no longer be able to use just one remote to turn the TV on, change channels, turn it off, right? I really wish Logitech Harmony was still around....

I only use this TV for security cams. So I just turn it on or off with a z-wave plug. Yes, I still need a remote to do anything else.