Led driver for led cabinet spots

Hi there.
Can I buy this set and add a HE compatible rgbw driver? Any suggestions for a cheap driver in Europe?

Thanks

BASON Unterbauleuchte Küche Schrankbeleuchtung, Vitrinenbeleuchtung, Led Beleuchtung, Led Leiste Rgb+Weiß Schranklicht für Regale Küche Dekoration, Dimmbar, Timing-Funktion mit Fernbedienung. BASON Unterbauleuchte Küche Schrankbeleuchtung, Vitrinenbeleuchtung, Led Beleuchtung, Led Leiste Rgb+Weiß Schranklicht für Regale Küche Dekoration, Dimmbar, Timing-Funktion mit Fernbedienung.: Amazon.de: Beleuchtung

Doesn't look like it. You might look at the Shelly RGBW device and find a led strip that works with it.

https://shelly.cloud/wifi-smart-shelly-rgbw-2/

How does the strips work? Do I have to have a driver for every strip. For example I build a table in my basement and I would like to have lights under the table and the shelve.

So do I buy two 3 m long strips and 2 drivers for eksamble?
My first thought was to place 2 of the led cabinet spots I linked to under each section.

Not necessarily. But there are a few factors to consider. The two main ones are voltage drop and zones. If you want to control the shelves separate from under the desk then you will need a unique controller for each section. The voltage drop issue however will be completely dependent on what strips you get. High-density white LED strips tend to drop off in brightness after about 5 meters. Low-density ones can be run almost 10 without experiencing voltage drop.

If you want to use one controller and low-density strips then simply connect the end of one strip to the beginning of the next one with control wires. You should be good to go, but without knowing the specs of the strips, this isn't a guarantee.

I agree with @Gnant If you want color lighting get RGBW strips and a RGB controller that will work with HE. I haven't used the Shelly RGB controller on HE but I have used some of the other Shelly products and they are top notch and the custom HE drivers work well and the software app is very nicely done.

I am using an older RGBW device the H801 that isn't so polished as the Shelly but it works on Hubitat as well. However it does require you to flash the device with new firmware so you might look at the Shelly solution first.

@anon61068208 The Shelly rgbw2 is wifi, not zigbee or z wave, correct?
Any strips for the device you can recommend?

Yes WiFi so control is still local..

These work so long as you can find or have a 12-24v DC power supply to use with the Shelly RGBW2 device.

These you can cut and use left overs for other areas.

My Shelly RGBW2 driver is here [Release] Shelly RGBW2 Device Handler

BTW all my Shelly drivers should be OFFICIAL Hubitat drivers in a few short weeks.

2 Likes

@anon61068208
Sorry I'm new to led strips. Can the rgb strip u link to do white colors?

Thanks

You mean does it have RGBw ? No.. this one does though

I have tested both strips and they do work with the Shelly RGBw2