LeakSmart - water sensors?

Hi Guys,

Is hubitat reliable with LeakSmart or maybe I should pickup WaterCop ?

Are aqara flood sensors reliable ?, Or should I hack some door contact's as sensors.

Planning to add leads to Aqara anyways..

Are there any solutions for monitoring water flow ?, Sensors can't see in walls :wink:

I was debating Fibaro flood sensors as well, but hacked door sensors will be cheapest.

Thank you

Flo is a comprehensive water monitoring system. Not Hubitat compatible, but not convinced a system that comprehensive needs to be. Stacey Higginbotham just interviewed the founder.

@krlaframboise wrote a DTH for ST that controls the LeakSMART valve and there is a ST DTH for the sensors. Both work with Hubitat by just pasting the same code. No modification. However, the battery level is not reported. Iā€™m using the valve in Hubitat, one on the LeakSMART sensors, an Iris sensor, two Xiaomi Aqara sensors and one Insteon sensor via Homebridge/Hubitat. All work, have proven reliable, notify me instantly, and close the valve within 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I read alot about aqara dropped connections ... I guess you don't have issues with that ?

Flo looks good, I was looking at WaterHero, FloLogic, Aquatrip... FLO is cheapest... And looks promising

There are issues with some Aquara devices dropping. I have three of the leak sensors. They don't drop for me. Same with the buttons. I own three of them as well and all are very stable. I recently bought an Aquara contact sensor and motion sensor. Unlike the buttons and leak sensors, they have both dropped connection at least once.

1 Like

Thank you again, I will order couple...

Any tips on a best repeater for those ? AqAra water sensors

If you're in a small house like I am, you probably won't need them, If your property is larger, then the Xbee are apparently what the Aqara devices will prefer, and @gavincampbell has found the Sylvania Smart+ 72922 works well, and was second route choice by the Xiaomi devices. Lots of info about it here

1 Like

Thank you, I was just reading those posts, appreciate the help.

The xiaomi stuff is nice and a good price but a lot of headache to get working.

If they are far from the hub they may connect but will eventually drop connections. In a larger house you are going to need repeaters. It looks like the xbee devices are the best solution for routers and these devices. Its not a pretty solution though. I also have the sylvania smart plug and they are working great. 4 plugs and almost 45 xiaomi devices and no drops in the last few weeks in my house. I set up a webcore script that would notify me if any of those devices didn't report in the last 2 hours and haven't gotten any reports.

Another important thing is to ensure your zigbee channel is setup so it doesn't overlap with your wireless channel. This would affect any zigbee device though.

2 Likes

While Gavin has many more Aquara sensors that I have, I'll say that with no Xbee or any other plugin Zigbee devices, in my small 1200 sq/ft home, I have not had any drops from the leak sensors, and only one drop from a Xiaomi button when it was tossed in box in the basement, about as far as possible from the hub. Now that the same button is in place, it has been as solid as the others. So I'm not sure that they will eventually drop if it's a button device or a leak sensor in close range, but the motion and door sensor I'm not so sure about.

1 Like

Where can I find the code for the Leaksmart valve?

Here you go

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.