Leak sensors

I have 2 different leak sensors:

1. is an older Smartthings leak sensor made by CentraLite model 3315-S.
    I am using the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor for Type.
    It shows up in the devices list image image
    I choose the item and water template but it does not show dry.

2. the other is Aeon Labs Zwave
    It also shows up in the device list and reports Dry / Wet image
    And the dashboard icon is also showing the same: image

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be great.

When you set up your dashboard tile, you need to choose both fields. The device in the left and then the type in the right. So you need to define the tile as a leak sensor. Can you confirm that is how you have it set up?

Yes I selected the Device in the left column and then water in the second column (template).

I have also noticed that the "water" current state goes a way from the device after a while and then as soon as it is wet it shows up again.

Makes me wonder if your mesh is not strong enough. I'd maybe redo the tiles and see if it continues. try going into the device page and clicking configure again and see if that corrects the issue, or move the sensor closer to the hub and test. I feel like it's either mesh related, driver related , or a defective device.

On the device page, what does Last Activity At show?

I would not be thinking mesh, driver, or device issues if that activity time was recent. However, any of those could manifest in this behaviour if the device wasn't updating in a timely fashion..

My money is on dashboard issue, although it sounds like you've done everything right.

I might have had the same question before... toggle it to wet/dry manually.

Am I remembering right that with some devices you have to toggle it (dry to wet to dry) to populate the information needed to display?

Definitely check this. Also, Events in that same page (upper left). If both those are working and you are recording things in Events, then we can move on to dash troubles.

It shows as Dry.

I have toggled it multiple times. As soon as I leave the device page and come back in the Current Sates do not show "water" until I that state changes.

I have a second smarthings sensor and when I paired it. It paired as Generic Zigbee Moisture sensor and is working. But the one that says it is a smarthings sensor that I did at first defaulted to contact sensor and shows contact is closed. I changed it to moisture sensor and then it reports wet or dry but dashboard tile is broken. I tried to remove and repair and keeps defaulting to contact sensor.

see if there is a firmware update for the old one? and use @bcopeland's firmware updater tool if there is. It's pretty slick. Search it out before you try to use it though so you understand how it works.

Thank you for the suggestion, No firmware updates available.

1 Like

It was worth a shot. :frowning_face:

Just as a trial, go to Apps, Dashboards, create a new dashboard. Deselect use all devices, and pick these two. Then go back to the dashboard tab, go to this newly created dash, and manually add tiles. Re-add the tile using the water template like you did before.

You also could try using the "attribute" template, select one of the attributes in the right column and see if it is different behavior.

Water sensor 6? There is a community driver that you might try: [RELEASE] Aeotec Water Sensor 6 w/ Dock

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.