Leak Sensor Recommendations?

It auto-selected the (no temp) driver the first time I attempted pairing all 4. Just now I removed one and re-added it and it auto-selected the custom driver discussed above. It is reporting battery and voltage now, but I'll need to wait 16 hours to see if the battery reports again.

OK, something seems to have unjammed by removing and repairing because the "configure" button actually does something now whereas before...nothing. Guess I'll try repairing the other 3 and see what happens.

Got leak detector, from here,
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004870472389.html
it's detecting water (tested it), but is detected as scene switch

Manufacturer:	_TZ3000_kyb656no
Endpoint 01 application:	41
Endpoint 01 endpointId:	01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt:	1
Endpoint 01 inClusters:	0001,0003,0500,0000
Endpoint 01 initialized:	true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer:	_TZ3000_kyb656no
Endpoint 01 model:	TS0207
Endpoint 01 outClusters:	0019,000A
Endpoint 01 profileId:	0104
Endpoint 01 stage:	4

inserted into water

dev:752023-05-05 16:45:51.969debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK did not parse descMap: [:]
dev:752023-05-05 16:45:51.966debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK raw: descMap: [:]
dev:752023-05-05 16:45:51.964debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK description is zone status 0x0001 -- extended status 0x00 - sourceEndpoint:01, zoneId:06, delay:0000

removed from water:

dev:752023-05-05 16:48:21.268debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK did not parse descMap: [:]
dev:752023-05-05 16:48:21.266debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK raw: descMap: [:]
dev:752023-05-05 16:48:21.263debugLAZIENKA D WYCIEK description is zone status 0x0000 -- extended status 0x00 - sourceEndpoint:01, zoneId:06, delay:0000

Search for Neo Coolcam Zigbee Water Leak sensor

1 Like

Thank you, it is working on that driver. Why I'm not supprised, that this is again your driver? :slight_smile:

1 Like

FWIW, that's the exact same one I wrote about here Request adding fingerprints for iAlarm/Meian devices

I have it working with as the Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor built-in type.

1 Like

Indeed, I overlooked that. Anyway it works fine, confirming that.

FYI - kind of a bummer, I kind of liked these cheap sensors, but it appears the Linkind has discontinued them:

Most of my water and contact sensors are Linkind, they are reliable and inexpensive.

Their website no longer shows any sensor products, although their contact sensors as of May 18, 2023 remain available on Amazon.

And they took AA batteries. I have 16 of them and really like them--bummer they appear to have been discontinued.

I just bought (and tested) those: https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004870472389.html

It not got destroyed after contact with water. It detected water immediately, and reported what there is no longer water, too. So far working, not dropping from mesh. I can't speak about battery consumption, because I have it plugged into mesh only by a bit more than one week.

Yep saw those and considered, but I ended up going with the ThirdReality ones because I put a lot of value in the AAA batteries vs the coins and the larger size doesn't matter for my application.

I see.
In my case size matters, and I hate to use AAA batteries, because they could leak electrolyte, and destroy devices, but in your case, if you already have tons of AAA batteries, the situation is different.

The link goes to door sensors. I can’t find the Linkind water detectors anywhere. Have they stopped selling them?

Unfortunately and Afaik, they are no longer available.

Thanks. I see ThirdReality was 2 for $30 so I think I will try those.

1 Like

I have four of these with the high sensitivity option for our rental space. I like that they beep and the battery life is good. They have always triggered when there was an actual problem.

Thanks! I live in a condo in Florida and the a/c is in a closet and sits on a shelf. There is a built in drip-pan, but it almost always has a bit a water in it. A couple of weeks ago I had my 2nd water overflow in 12 years, and neither tripped off the auto-stop. The a/c unit sits on a wood shelf which typically gets damp in one spot, but then it drips into the air return beneath it. I'm not sure where it really drips from, and it isn't standing water in there, but there is a cloth that gets very wet when that happens, so I hope just being damp is enough. I'll test them with some damp paper towels. Since I don't know exactly where the drip comes through I'm going to play around using some speaker cord that I will spilt with a thin divider say every 6 inches and strip off the plastic there to see if that will give me a much wider coverage.

Should be. It's pretty darn sensitive, and reacts to the smallest amount of water.

Thanks again. Appreciate the super fast response. I got it on Amazon with a 2 day delivery. so I hope to test them out of the box then or Thursday and then with the speaker wire.

1 Like