'Laundry is complete' notification

I can't see anything that stands out as wrong there, though technically you don't need the "stoppable" flag set on that Repeat (it will stop whenever the simple condition you have attached to it is no longer true--and there's nowhere that you explicitly stop it, anyway). It looks like that's about where it's crashing, so it can't hurt to try, but I don't know why it would be the problem...

Thanks a lot! I will remove it and test it again, but as you say, I don't believe it should impact the rule... Looking at my log, do you know what that top error might mean? It feels like this is the cause for error...

That kind of error is hard for the community to troubleshoot--the "line 7542" thing refers to the Rule Machine code (which we can't see), not your Rule itself, and nothing in your Rule looks off to me (which might otherwise cause something like this--maybe a blank value where it's expecting a number?). The fact that you've re-created it means, at least, that it's unlikely to have been a fluke with your old Rule, but since everything looks OK in your actions, I'm not sure what else to suggest there...

1 Like

This works great, thank you. We put our wash in at night, before bed, to save on electricity costs. Is there a way to NOT notify me during say 9:30-7:00AM, but then after 7AM, it sends out notification, that the wash is done?

Add a "Wait for rule: time between 7:00 AM and 9:30 PM" before your notification action, maybe? This assumes you would still care to get notified if happened possibly a long time ago or have already addressed the laundry since then, but it would work for the specific question at hand. :slight_smile:

This is what I have so far, but don't know how or where to add your suggestion.

You do not need the IF THEN... as your first action--that will prevent anything at all from happening outside this timeframe. You still need it to "see" that the laundry was done. Just get rid of that, then move your "Wait for rule: time between..." action to be immediately before the "Speak..." action, and that should do it.

1 Like

Ok, this did not work.

It gave name this error

1 Like

With automatic power reporting set at 10 Watts, there were ~100 logged power reports per wash cycle, with many 5 power report bursts in a few second time frame. I felt this was excessive.

Changed power plug's automatic power reporting to 200 Watts, and created a new washing machine RM. It worked as expected, with perhaps 5 power reports during the wash cycle. It should be noted my aging FisherPaykal digital USA model, always uses over 200 watts when spinning, and only drops below 5 watts when the wash cycle completes. Your power values will likely vary!

This is my first use of RM repeats and it could likely be fine tuned by someone wiser than me.

I have recently been receive false notifications that my laundry is done on days that I have not used my dryer. It has worked fine for almost a year. This is my rule, is there something I could change to stop the false notifications?

Here is a copy of the log for my peanut plug

I have switched my Rule to look like the following, which is much simpler. Credit for this elegant design goes to @bertabcd1234.

Looking at your Peanut Plug log, it sure seems like it is to blame. It reported over 800W of power being used at 4:24pm and then 0W used about 1 minute later.

I would personally replace the Peanut Plug, as their power reporting has always been questionable.

2 Likes

OK, thanks. It was not running today, it should not have registered 834 watts. I will try a new plug and see if that works better.