Latest on Zigbee IR blaster?

Try the Broadlink RM3 Mini or RM4 Mini. They're really cheap, wifi-based, and are very reliable for IR.

1 Like

Looks like I can get both. Any preference?
A little more expensive than the US but not much I can do about that!

And the ceiling fans also IR.

I'd do RM3 Mini personally. But whichever is cheaper will work.

Are you sure those are IR remotes and not RF?

From what I can see on an internet search they are IR. And when not pointed at the AC unit they don’t change settings when pressed. So I’m thinking IR. I’ll get the 3s. They are cheaper. Once they arrive I may have to reach out for some help integrating !
Thanks.
Mac

1 Like

Sounds good. Hit me up in my main Broadlink thread if you have any questions.

Appreciate that.
I can’t recall if I packed my hub in the air shipment ( coming next week ) or the sea can ( on a slow boat from china :slight_smile: ). But I take back the comment about more expensive. Found a deal on line. I have three RM 4s ordered for about 55 USD total. Not too shabby !
Cheers.
Mac.

1 Like

zxt-600 will do it...

any chance you can point me to the thread. When i search for Broadlink...im getting several threads...uncertain which one is the right thread.
Hub arrived today....yay
Mac

Sure thing. I mentioned it earlier in this thread: Latest on Zigbee IR blaster? - #19 by tomw

1 Like

its installing...and a million thank you for putting it on HPM !
will likely be tomorrow when i can really play with it. seeing as the only devices i have at the condo are the RM4s.....might have to give this one some attention, i ordered da total of 7. May as well get all the mini splits on HE !
I do have to say that the placement of the RM4s has to be carefully considered. Learned one thing so far in asia...i cant simply pull a new outlet thought cement walls when i want to reposition something :slight_smile:
Mac

1 Like

Check your HPM version to make sure you're on the newest. It needs to be at least 1.8.5, but I'd recommend whatever is current (1.8.11 as of today).

Please post in my Broadlink thread for any further troubleshooting, as we're way off topic according to the title of this thread.

2 Likes

I used package manager...to repair package manager!
I installed the broad link a moment ago..not seeing it in my apps yet but im still navigating a new hub.Will revert shortly
Mac

OK....HPM working...Broadlink installed.
on my broad link app...i haven't had to learn any codes for it to work.
There are 3 options
Save codes
Sync Codes
Manage.

Any suggestions where to start 1st
Thanks
Mac

Take a look at my readme on GitHub, linked from the first post in my Broadlink thread. It describes in detail how to configure the integration with Hubitat and learn and use remote codes. You will end up not using the Broadlink mobile app at all.

Happy to help in my Broadlink thread with any issues that you run in to.

4 Likes