Latest on Zigbee IR blaster?

No, but what exactly are you trying to control? There are often options depending upon what device it is.

"I'm gonna stick with Zwave/Matter/Zigbee/Wifi".

Well good luck with that! Like you say, there are some very weird gaps (and overlaps too) in devices that are available in each protocol.

Edit and that isn't directed at OP, just crap you read on the net.

2 Likes

Another plug here for the SwitchBot HubMini option -- as no directly-integrable ZW or ZB option is available (and don't hold your breath), it fills that gap very admirably and reliably courtesy of @tomw's fine efforts.

2 Likes

Thanks all!!! I have a weird no-name blue light thingy that projects moving shapes on the ceiling. I just want to be able to turn it on at night for a few hours. It has an IR remote so was thinking that was the way to go. THANKS! I'll consider all the comments!!

I know you said no z-wave but I have had 0 issues with the Remotec ZXT-310 for general usage and my ZXT-600 for our Mini Split

3 Likes

You can try the broadlink RM Mini. I am successfully using a RM pro2, a RM Mini3 and an RM Mini 4 on my hubs to control my TV and AC.
The code is technically deprecated but still works. The best part is it is a direct connect to the broadlink device over your LAN, No cloud needed, and the response is very fast.
Be forwarned, Broadlink, like Sonoff & Tuya are rapidly changing firmware, so what works today might not next month. Worst case your out 10-15 bucks if it doesn't work, at least for an RM Mini . The RM Pro also does RF devices(345 & 450mHz but is more expensive(~40$)
Here's the link:

1 Like

@Rxich I did find the cloned driver code, but not the app and it does not appear to work without the HE app installed on the Hubitat.

I would really like this to run locally, but for now I am able to do simple timed routines via Google Home (ie. turn on TV to the appropriate streaming service and change the lights every Tuesday at 9). And that, at least, I don't consider essential if Broadlink goes bust (unlike if all the light bulbs or thermostat stopped working)

Do you have a broadlink device already?
I thought the thread I linked had a link to both app & driver?

1 Like

Yes, I do. The HE driver and app are no longer available from the original link in the thread (taken down by the developer of the driver/app). Someone cloned the driver, but I haven't found a clone of the HE app and the driver doesn't work without the HE app.

It looks like if you didn't already have the originals installed before they were removed from GitHub, there is no way to do it now.

Hopefully, the community creates a new driver, because the blaster itself is really useful and one of my better smart home purchases

Buried within that thread is this link to both the driver and the app. I have no clue how well this version works.

1 Like

Thank you!! I will try it and report back

Admittedly, this was not designed to work with the RM4, but I thought it was worth trying out on the RM4Pro and it did not work. I think if you could get your hands on an RM3, it probably would still work

Are you interested in using the Broadlink RM3 for IR (infrared) control? Have you considered an alternative approach using @bptworld's Send IP2IR? Full local control - like the Lutron integration.

It works with Global Cache iTach IP2IR and WF2IR devices linked below:

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-IP2IR-iTach-Wired/dp/B003BFTKUC

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-WF2IR-iTach-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051BU418/

Both of these can be optionally outfitted with IR blasters etc.

3 Likes

RM mini 3 works great and is cheaper than a bag of chips :smiley:

2 Likes

Old thread but as I lay here in bed freezing my â– â– â–  off as the AC is set too low I found myself wanting an option to control an infrared mini split from
HE
Is this a fairly simple integration?
Regards
Mac

Which brand? There are community based integrations for some brand/models.

Here's mine, which supports a variety of Broadlink remotes including the newer RM4 generation: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

4 Likes

It’s a Daikin. Family and I just moved to Malaysia. Not much here I can find here for zwave. Or for zigbee products for that matter. Been in our condo. For one day and I’m itching to set something up! Being a condo I’m trying to find products that aren’t hard wired in. There is like 7 mini splits in the condo. Hoping I can automate at least 4 of them. And the ceiling fans…all IR.

Try the Broadlink RM3 Mini or RM4 Mini. They're really cheap, wifi-based, and are very reliable for IR.

1 Like

Looks like I can get both. Any preference?
A little more expensive than the US but not much I can do about that!